Vulcan Perspectives

The option 'Spock 1st person POV' was voted on a bunch of times in th poll, so here you go guys. I hope I did him justice.

To make it clear. this Chapter is written entirely from Spock's Point of View, so when it says 'I', it's Spock talking :)

Also, to those of you wondering what a wank-biscuit is... well... it's a (not very commonly used) British insult.

It's kind of a play on the term 'limp biscuit', so you can google 'limp biscuit definition' if you wanna find out whats goin in. 

Be warned, though, it's a very NSFW insult. If you don't want to click on the definition, just know that its a pretty bad insult. :)

Alrighty here we go.

***************

I shook my right hand, trying to rid myself of the tingling sensation that ran all the way from the tips of my fingers to my wrist. I had thought that I had been prepared to shake hands with Alex, but evidently, I had been incorrect. The feeling of her small hand in mine, her human skin much warmer than my Vulcan fingers, had very nearly made me reconsider my offer of just friendship. I figured that it was the most logical course to take, to offer her a relationship that didn't involve romance. She was like a flame, and I, the metaphorical moth. I didn't seem to be able to stop myself from meeting her, but I decided that it would be better to not put our professionalisms at risk.

I walked through the set of double doors in the Math building, making my way to my office.

I had a hacker to catch.

"Pointy!"

I struggled not to roll my eyes at the derogatory nickname. It was always possible to rely on Doctor Leonard McCoy to pop up where he wasn't wanted. I turned around, and the rugged face of the Doctor was right behind me, a cocky assured grin on his face.

"Doctor." I acknowledged him and continued walking. Hopefully he would get the message and leave me alone. I had a lot of work to be doing.

"I heard someone fucked up your test?"

He was walking next to me now, his long strides easily keeping up with mine. I turned to face him, and nodded.

"If by that you mean that somebody managed to install a subroutine, overwriting all of my original coding, then you heard correctly, Doctor."

He let a huff of air out through his mouth at my response, surprised. I didn't blame him. I was proud of that test, it had taken the best part of four years to perfect. The coding was masterfully encrypted, I hadn't thought that anybody could crack it.

Evidently I had been wrong.

"So what are you gonna do?"

It appeared that Doctor McCoy was going to continue walking next to me as I neared my office, and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. After everything that had happened, my control was beginning to waver slightly. James Tiberius Kirk, as impertinent as he was, had managed to affect me more than I should have let him during the hearing. His suggestion that I, as a Vulcan, was unable to properly experience fear, and therefore was unsuitable to Captain a ship, had angered me.

Not as much as what he had said next, however.

When he had brought Alex into the conversation, it had taken all my self control not to leap over that goddamn podium and see how cocky he looked with my fist in his face. It scared me, the amount that I was made emotive by her. I had always been taught, right from the beginning, that emotions were a weakness. Something that should be hidden away. Alex somehow changed all that. She laughed, and cried, and smiled, and every single break, every single emotion that slipped through her cracks was like a ray of sunlight. It had got to the point where I craved it like oxygen.