Mysterious Realms: Revak Feykro Chapter Implement 2

Myrkr was suspended in a green plasma-liquid bubble that was surrounded by giant roots, curled up in the fetal position, eyes closed, not breathing. Voices could be heard nearby, but they were muffled and garbled. The only clear sense was sight. The scene wouldn't change from that view, and none of the speakers walked into the range of view. On the outside of the plasma bubble there was something the color of emeralds. The smooth surface was mostly covered in the dust, making it not look as smooth as it was supposed to have been. Even then, though, it was obvious the emerald dust had minds of their own, since other, bigger clumps of the darker green could be seen inside the bubble. They all seemed to be heading for Myrkr, though for what reason was unknown.

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦ 

     Cedric woke up with a sense of dread and excitement. He knew exactly where the dread came from, but the excitement he wasn't so sure about. It's my fault, he thought, and the painstakingly accusing glare Myrkr gave him that last time he had seen her all too clear in his mind's eye. Her emerald green feline eyes, holding betrayal and hurt before they were closed. Her madly twitching tail, emerald dust all over, shooting at her enemies like missiles and bullets. The last words she had said, screamed, to him, "Why, Cedric?! How could you?!" when he had watched his nightmare unfold into reality. He remembered her commanding the dust around his wrists and hands, effectively cuffing them behind his back, even as he shifted form. He watched in horror as she fell to the ground, stock-still and limp, all emerald dust disintegrating to dust, inanimate, and nothing more.

     He glanced at the next bunk over, where Sanguine was sleeping. The ruby Dromdí's human face was scrunched, and his forehead was shiny from sweat. She was like his little sister. Cedric quietly got out of his bed and slipped into the hallway that led away from the dorm rooms. He didn't dare try to go and see Luna and Shimmer in their room, which now was out two students: Maple and Myrkr. Both Cí'mehia, both adept fighters, both quick thinkers.

     And both were gone.

     Cedric made his way to the cafeteria, only to find it was closed. He checked the clock above the giant door, which was when Cedric realized he was up in the middle of the night, at 2:13am. He didn't register the lack of light, even with his night vision, since he was caught up in the memories of the previous day.

     Turning around and breaking into a light jog, Cedric made his way back to his room, Sanguine still in his troubled sleep. Cedric got back into his bed, closed his eyes, and tried for five more hours of sleep.

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦

     This time, the scene played in a bigger field of view, and the two voices could be understood.

     She had fought with all her strength, all her will, all her everything. Every ability at her disposal wasn't enough. The scene played, over and over, without change.

     Two humanoid figures in dark coats were taking notes as they watched the emerald dust slowly make its way into the plasma bubble, and as it clumped together.

     "Ysamaldrí's sense must be what's causing the dust to go to her," one said.

     "Gemstones of Ysamaldrí have been said to be more powerful than other Mythics, though this Cí'mehia Gemstone hasn't had her official training in the ability," the other said.