Failure X100000

God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools. -John Muir

*Lara*

My face flushed red as I backed up. "I'm so sorry!!" I exclaimed, nervously pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I watched as he regained his balance and looked at me square in the eye.

"It's ok. I'm Jake, who are you?" He grinned. He was so cute! He had perfect white teeth, with short deep brown hair, and enchanting green eyes.

I shifted my weight from foot to foot, looking at my feet. "I'm Lara.. Umm, maybe we can talk later." I looked inside the cafeteria and brushed past Jake. As I looked for a seat, I felt Jake's eyes watching me. I sighed. With an attitude like this, my only friends with be Kirsten and Emily.

I woke up at seven, pushing my alarm clock off the dresser. Realizing what I had done I glanced over to kirsten and sighed a sigh of relief when I saw her still asleep. If I did one more wrong thing, I didn't know if I'd be able to survive the rest of summer camp.

I slipped on a pair of peach breeches, a pink shirt, and a light navy blue jacket on before rushing to the barn to tack up for my lesson with Sarah. I'd been nervous all night- last time, it didn't go so well. Trying to remember all of Sarah's instructions from yesterday, I attempted at tacking up Vegas, who I'd cross tied in the aisle.

I pulled his saddle and saddle pad from the tack room, and gently placed them on his back. I reached under his stomach and grabbed the girth, then tightened it as much as I currently could before returning to the tack room for his bridle. I sighed at it, it looked so hard to work until I actually put it on.

I slipped the cold metal bit into his mouth, and let him chomp on it before I pulled the rest over his head, and tucked his ears under the back of the headstall. I pulled his forelock out from under the browband then tightened the throatlatch and noseband.

I was very pleased with myself. Two days down, and so far this day was going great!

Until I walked him into the arena.

Inside the arena, two people sat patiently on their horses while one person tightened his horse's girth.

I walked Vegas in and was surprised when the boy looked over at me. My heart practically skipped a beat... it was Jake. I suddenly felt nervous and out of place among these riders who looked so proffesional sitting in the saddle.

I was relieved to see Emily being one of the two people on the horses. She flashed a grin at me. I grinned back, then looked at the other girl who stared straight ahead with a deep frown on her face.

She looked very famaliar, and I tried to put a name on her face. After a few minutes I was stumped. I walked Vegas over to Emily and whispered, "Who's that?" My gaze stared directly at Daisy.

"Your kidding! You haven't met her yet? Thats Daisy." Emily looked at me, surprised.

I looked back, my gaze deep with displeasure.

Why Daisy?