Ch 1. Wild Night

The Regional Swimming Tournament ended with both the Iwatobi and Samezuka NOT qualifying for the Nationals. All the teams did well, but it's still not their time to face bigger and faster opponents. However it was sad for the 3rd years since 3 months from now, they will be graduating from high school.

"It's okay guys, I believe next year, you'll be able to join the Nationals. It was fun to swim with everyone even if it was just for a short while. For the new members of this swim club, I, Tachibana Makoto, soon to be former club president, welcome you all, and thank you for joining the team," Makoto spoke in front of the members of the Iwatobi Swim Club. He already appointed Ryuugazaki Rei to be the next president when he and Haruka graduates. Before, there were only 4 of them in the club they established, but now, a lot has joined, more than what they have expected actually.

___________________________

Two weeks passed and the Samezuka guys suddenly invited the four swimmers of Iwatobi to join their little welcoming party for their new members. It was expected that Samezuka will gain more members by now since a lot of scouts have been coming to them, their numbers actually doubled compared to Iwatobi.

"Where are you? The party's starting in 10 minutes," Rin phoned Haru, he was quite excited for the party.

"Almost there, I can see you now across the street," answered Haru in his usual low monotone voice. Makoto was walking beside him while Rei and Nagisa were behind, fighting over a game in their cellphone.

Rin immediately wrapped his arm around Haru's shoulder and ushered them inside the restaurant they reserved for this occasion. Rin and Haru's relationship can be seen as pure close friendship in the eyes of normal people, but for those who know them personally, they can say it's deeper than what you may think.

Upon entering the restaurant, it seemed more like a resto-bar inside rather than a regular restaurant. Although they serve different cuisines, they also have a bar counter with a lot of alcoholic beverages to choose from, and drinking isn't limited.

A lot of people were already there. The four Iwatobi swimmers almost cannot believe that all of them were members of Samezuka swim club, to the point that they almost felt lost in the crowd. It was good that Rin was with them, and also Nitori goes along well with Nagisa and Rei. Only poor Makoto seems to feel quite out of place since Rin has cornered Haru for himself and at the same time, he was sitting next to Sousuke, Rin's best friend.

"Are you okay?" a manly and deep voice spoke beside him. He knows whose it was and he smiled at the guy who tried to talk to him.

"Ah, yeah. I'm just kinda.. lost, I mean, out of place here. I'm not quite used to this kind of atmosphere, hehe," Makoto answered, rubbing the back of his head, and with his usual smile that can melt anyone.

"Don't think about it. I'm here, you can talk to me. Besides, we're the same, I don't quite like crowded places like this," the droopy-eyed one said. It made Makoto feel more comfortable, knowing at least he's not the only one troubled.

"Nice to hear that," Makoto smiled once again, but this time, it made Sousuke's ears go red. "Cheers?" Sousuke and Makoto toasted and drunk their beers.

Somewhere in between drinking, Sousuke and Makoto had a challenge for each other. At first it was just like a game the two of them started, like, bottoms-up, or snatch the drink of the one in front of you, or finish the plate of takoyaki in 30 secs., until all of them are already playing and it ended up with Truth or Dare. The dares were just foolish at the beginning but as people began getting drunk more and more, the more lewd, or somewhat more vulgar the challenges became.