"He'd kill you before you'd even think of a plot." - Monica or slick

Chapter Eighteen.

Marek

I was driving at twelve thirty at night with my mind wondering . I rubbed my chin as I thought about the fact that the guy that Raheem killed that day , the same day he went to the jail , the same person who got our mom on drugs was actually ... our father .

Jett met up with us earlier , telling us everything even the fact he was really our uncle . But we all knew that no matter what , he was really our father . It doesn't matter about biologically but the role he played in our lives .

I shook my head , taking a deep breath as I focused back on the road. My eyes drifted to the side , into an alley as I saw some guy and girl . I was about to turn my attention back to the road until he hit her just as I passed . I came to a stop . I made sure no one was behind me before reversing .

I stopped my car on the side and killed the ignition , making sure i was strapped before stepping out . I walked up hearing sobs and yelling .

"Who the fuck is that nigga huh? You think he can save you ?" I heard a deep voice yell. I looked around the corner to see him stomping her in the gut .

"Ya eva heard not to hit'a woman ?" I spoke as I walked up to them. He looked up at me , huffing . I walked over to the girl , about to help her up and noticed it was Keke.

"Akeelah what the hell?" I said , furrowing my eyebrows as I pulled her up . She held on to me crying as I stared at this nigga. "So you ha dumb ass ex?" I looked him up and down. "I need'a reason not ta kill ya B."

He scoffed . "You that fuckboy twin . Don't think cause ya brother went to jail , you hard . There's ya reason , ya wouldn't survive in jail."

I laughed . "Bitch that reason invalid. You don't know half of the shits I'm capable of. Me and my brudda are individuals."

"Just stay yo black ass away from ha' , heard? I'a fuck you up, ion like you fo' block niggas period." I spat , starting to walk Keke back to the car . "C'mon ma, it's gonna be alright." I spoke . She didn't even stand up to her feet so I carried her.

"I love you marek." She said , looking in my eyes. Before I respond , she looked behind me. "Sam stop , just stop!" She yelled. She got out of my arms as I turned around to him now closer to us.

"Fuck you wanna do?" I yelled. He tried to swing on me until I dodged it , socking him in the face. I punched him from the right, sending him to his knees.

"Yo bitch ass can beat on a woman but can't een fight, hoe." I yelled , feeling even more anger come over me. Too many woman in my life faced domestic violence , I wasn't gonna be a silent bystander if I saw it. He stayed on the ground , coughing.

I pulled Keke by her arm gently as she was still faced towards him . I was almost to the car until she yelled .

"Marek!" She yelled before she jumped in front of me and then I heard a gunshot go off . I pulled my glock from my side as he tried to run , sending a bullet in his back. He fell to the ground as I looked down to see Keke with her mouth hung open , clutching her stomach .

"Keke.." I said softly , facing her hand as I saw the blood coming between her fingers . I picked her up gently , carrying her to the passenger seat . I pushed the seat back so she laid out .

"Fuck." I groaned as I got in the driver seat. I started up the car quickly as I drove off . I looked in the alley and saw Sam scooting over to the wall by his hands, breathing heavily. I clenched my jaw as Keke panted loudly .