The missing piece

(Your pov)

Once history was over wirt had gotten you up to date with all his notes, he told you he would get you a copy of everything he had tomorrow. You also found out that wirt was in all your classes as well. You were so happy but you didn't know how to bring up the unknown, even though you wanted to thank him you couldn't shake the feeling he probably didn't want to recall those events. There was still another question in your mind... Where was the small boy that was with him in the unknown now.

Your mind fazed out while you stared blankly at nothing in art class, you took up the empty seats in each class next to wirt. He said it was fine , that no one ever sits there anyways and that he would love it if you sat there. You were now friends with the boy you saw in the unknown and couldn't help but get red faced with every word he spoke. You hadn't expected his voice to be so smooth and appealing.

Wirt waved a hand near your face dragging you back from your day dream. He chuckled lightly before looking at you.

" you seem to be spacing out a lot today, is everything ok?" Even though you only started speaking to him last period you wanted to tell him everything, you knew you couldn't just yet and that sent slight agony to your heart.

" yeah , I'm fine. Hey wirt.. Could we.. Walk together after school?" You looked down at your drawing paper which was almost blank not including the small sketch marks of a flower.

" uh.. I-I... Ok." Wirt nodded awkwardly before continuing.
" but.. I have to pick up my brother first... We can walk till we have to split ways." He nodded , you followed suit continuing to draw the flower in a vase that was infront of you both.

Your next class was music which was spent singing and in silence because the instructor was fairly strict. After that you had band, you chose to play the flute, this was the instrument you had at home . You played in a band at your old school which some people teased you about. But in this school it was a kind of mandatory class. Wirt had told you that he enjoyed music class most and you had to agree. It was calming to the soul when everyone played in perfect harmony.

Later wirt had shown you to the lunch room where you both got lunch, wirt took a seat at an empty table near a window so you quickly rushed over as soon as you got your tray of food from the lunch lady. You noticed how alone wirt seemed now, no one else sat at the table but you and wirt while the rest of the lunch room was almost packed.

" hey uh... Wirt, your brother, what's his name?" You smiled as he chewed his food silently. Once he swallowed he spoke up.

" Greg. He's kind of a hand full though.." You smiled, that must have been the little boy you first saw him with. You could tell 'greg' was a handful what with him running off a lot while in the unknown forcing wirt to go after him and you following shortly.

" I can't wait to meet him" you said quietly as you began eating. You both sat there and made small talk about little things like what you liked to do in your spare time and what kind of music you both liked. It seemed like it was a dream come true because for the most part he liked some of the things you did to. Like band, classical music and some times the occasional 80's Rock. You both laughed and had a great time just hanging out at lunch before the bell rang. You two were off to science, then math, English, and finally advisory. The day went by faster then you thought it would and your heart fluttered lightly when wirt would laugh at any of your jokes durning class.

It was now the end of the school day and you both headed straight to pick up Greg . Aberdale wasn't like your home town at all, it only had one huge school for all the grades up until 12th. You and wirt stood by the pick up gate for the middle schoolers for a while just chatting like the teenagers you where until the little ball of joy came running out hugging onto wirt's leg like a puppy welcoming its master home.

" wirt , wirt ! I had the best day at school today ! It was just amazing ! We made clay figurines and played a game called seven up!" He smiled brightly at wirt as you just watched them both. You could feel your emotions growing as you saw the little Greg once more. You would never forget him, how could you. He always had a smile plastered onto his face and was just happy all the time. He was the final piece of the puzzle you were waiting for. You now knew both of the boys from the unknown and their names, probably even where they lived if they lived near you. You didn't pay attention to what the two boys were saying to each other till wirt said your name.

" this is (f/n) Greg, she's new to town and she's in my class.. We're going to walk home with her today" he smiled abit. Greg looked up at you with a surprised look like he recognized you from some where, this sent a slight shiver down your spine but you shook it off as Greg then put out a hand for you to take.

" your really pretty (f/n) im Greg! You want to meet Jason funderbuger?" He smiled brightly.

" Jason... Funderbuger?.." You looked confused as you took his hand and stool it.

" his frog" wirt smiled lightly seemingly embarrassed by his little brother.