Spilling the beans

(Your pov)

" I went to the unknown last year on Halloween night. I'm not really sure what time .... All I remember was that I was standing on the board walk with a friend of mine near the old lake in my old town. Then there was a moment where I tripped.. Least that's what I thought. I'm not sure. There was a lot of noise were we where to be honest. Some friends of mine were throwing a party at the lake and I remember my friend walked off without me, I don't really know what actually happened but I think my foot got caught on a board and I just ... Fell in." You sighed.. Wirt sat down infront of you as Greg followed his actions ready to listen to the rest of the story.

" well ain't that the way." Greg lightly said listening making you chuckle abit.

" yeah I totally thought I was going to die. I even remember sinking to the bottom. I woke up in a forest though , looked like it was straight out of one of those fairytale picture books. I walked for a long while all alone till I spotted something really weird, it was your hat. If I recall you were some kind of gnome or something? But people called you a pilgrim in that tavern right?" You smiled abit. Wirt was completely confused , wanting to know more he shook his head.

" well yeah.. I saw your hat and followed it for a little while. Once I saw You both I was going to say something but I .. Didn't want to interrupt anything.. To be honest." You rubbed the back of your head laughing awkwardly.
" after that I couldn't really find the best time to go up to you guys at all.. So I just kinda creeped my way behind you both the whole way. By the way.. Thanks .. Your the only reason I didn't get lost or stay dead that night. When I woke up I was really cold and In a hospital bed.. They said I was only out for an hour or so.. I'm not sure. My memory after leaving the unknown got fuzzy." You smiled slightly.

" why didn't I see you then?... I mean surely I would have seen you right?" Wirt's face showed confusion and questioning thoughts.

" I was fall. So I kind of blended into the whole forest.. What with the leaves and all.." You mumbled lowly.

" I totally saw you then" Greg spoke up nodding.

" yup ! Pretty sure I did ! You kept turning around and stuff. I told wirt about it but he told me it was probably the wind or something." Greg nodded more reassuring his memory.

" you did? Why didn't you tell me you saw her Greg, I thought you were just seeing leaves blowing passed us" wirt looked abit surprised.

" I thought you saw me. I kept hiding because I thought it would be odd to be the third person in your little group. But I did see all the things you guys did. To be honest I thought all that was a dream.... Till today that is. Soon as I saw you wirt I knew it was all real . I just didn't know how to bring it up because... Well.. You didn't know me." You smiled alittle again rubbing your head.

" I see... Well I guess we all know now that the unknown is real and we all went there on the same day... " wirt was thinking long and hard.

" wait how did you recognize me if you were just following my hat the whole way? Plus you were pretty far away right?" He looked super confused.

" kinda. I didn't get much sleep that time to be honest so when you both took a rest id .. Well.. I'd kind of be left there watching you both. I didn't want to get left behind if you both found your way out.. I mean, all I heard was you were trying to find your way home so I thought, ' hey, if I follow them and they get home maybe I can ask them if I can use their phone to call my dad so he can pick me up' then I realized what was really going on .. " you trailed off.

" least we're all ok !" Greg smiled brightly holding Jason in his arms. You nodded lightly and smiled at him.

" thanks to you guys that is " you Ruffled Gregs hair alittle.

Wirt was still in shock, you could tell just by his facial expression. You pulled him into a group hug and he awkwardly hugged back snapping out of his thoughts.

" so what I wanted to say for the passed year is... Thank you." You started tearing up, your tears falling onto wirt's sweater as you nuzzled your face into his shoulder. Greg hugging you tightly and smiling.

" no problem (f/n)" Greg nuzzles his face into your tummy as wirt mumbled the same thing letting you cry on him. Wirt rubbed your back abit before you pulled away wiping the liquid from your face.

" I... I wanted to say one more thing. " wirt nodded at your comment.

" I'm actually really happy I met you both again.. I thought I never would. I couldn't believe that I went to the unknown when I woke up.. And I never stopped thinking about you guys the whole year..." Your voice trailed off as you tried not to cry anymore.

Wirt wrapped his arms around you lightly pulling you into another hug.

" well, we're all friends now so no need to cry" he lightly chuckled. It seemed after his small mental battle you stayed his new friend, even though he knew the truth. You weren't going to say otherwise and you left out the bit where you actually started to like him back then. You hugged him back with a smile.

" thank you wirt" you whispered from his shoulder which made him smiled abit.