Hold on

( your pov)

Wirt , Greg , and you were on your way to school already .

" I have to drop off Greg first.. If that's ok" wirt seemed alittle nervous while speaking of this, you shrugged it off and nodded.

" that's fine, I'll walk with you and drop him off. I'm sure he wouldn't mind that. We can even pick him up together. Uh... If that's ok with you.. I mean... I am coming over for dinner and all.." You blushed slightly looking at wirt as you made your way down the street.

" yeah your right. That would be a lot easier then going home and having to come to my house when dinner starts. " wirt thought for a moment as he held Gregs hand tightly making sure he didn't go too far.

"I hope mom makes potatoes , I like potatoes! And malassis too ! That would be great! Right wirt? Right (f/n)!" Greg happily shouted out as he walked along side wirt holding onto him just as tight.

You were thinking about that whole situation with the little school in the unknown when something pulled you back and held you close from behind. You saw a flash of bright light and a car swoosh by only inches away from you.

" (f/n) are you alright?!?" Wirt looked and sounded extremely worried. He had pulled you into him only seconds before the car could have hit you.

"Did... Did that just.." Your eyes were wide processing what just happened and replaying the memory in your mind.

" be careful... You know what the wood cutter said.... "Wirt's eyes shifted down into sad orbs, his voice ringing with sorrow.

" s-sorry.. I didn't .. I didn't know I was that close.. " you noticed just how tight he was holding you now. He almost had a death grip on you if it wasn't for your backpack giving you some space between his chest and your back.

Greg was in slight shock , he looked sad for a moment as he looked up at you.

" the unknown... There's no escaping it.... For long.." Wirt mumbled out barely audible. If it weren't for you being so close to him at that moment you wouldn't have been able to hear it. Wirt let you go just as the light signaled it was time to cross the street.

" here... Hold my hand.." Wirt started to walk as he took your hand into his own. You followed still in abit of shock but now your face had grown red from holding his soft hand.

By the time you and wirt go to drop Greg off there had been a long silence. Even Greg was as quiet as ever. Looking back , you could have actually died. If wirt hadn't pulled you close to him in time ... If wirt wasn't there.. If you were alone... You would have died.

" let's get to class before we're late.." Wirt broke the silence as he started on his way with you to class , hand still firmly holding yours.

" sounds great" you nodded and followed. He was holding your hand as if you were going to fade away before his eyes. You couldn't blame him.. If you had known him back in the unknown.. You would have done the same..

By the time you both entered the class room it was full of students who started to stare at wirt and you just before you both made your way to your seats.

Wirt didn't let go of your hand until the vary last second when he knew you were just about to take your seat next to him. You could hear a lot of your class mates snickering and talking about you two. You didn't really care much, you really like wirt. You could even go as far as saying.. You were in love with him. Some point after the unknown you fell for him, hard. Knowing him now made it worse. Your face was bright red as you heard all the chatter. Wirt moved his desk close to yours till it almost looked like one whole table.

" you still don't have your books yet... So we can share till you get yours. " his voice was slightly shakey like he was thinking of something while speaking to you.

" th-that's great wirt , thanks for all your help" you smiled at him winning a small smile back. Wirt seemed abit shy and deep in thought. His cheeks were now a crimson red while he took out his books getting ready for class to just about start. The teacher was late yet again and the bell had already rung its corse.