Dad moments

(Your pov)

Greg had joined in on the hug before smiling and sarcastically saying " well ain't that just the way" you all burst into a laugh. Your eyes wandered over to a small clock Greg had on his night stand which read 5 o'clock.

" oh no! My dad'll be home any minute now. Sorry wirt, sorry Greg! I didn't realize time went so fast, I have to go.. Now!" You almost yelled out as you ran down stairs to the front door grabbing your stuff while putting your shoes on as you one leg hopped out onto the side walk. Greg and wirt had ran down just alittle behind you so you managed to hear Gregs sweet voice chiming " see you tomorrow !" And wirt's awkward yet stern one in a yell with his hands cupped near his mouth saying " Be careful !".

You waved alittle as you ran off literally two houses down unlocking your front door with your keys and running upstairs to your room after locking the front door once more. Thankfully your father wasn't home yet, this left you with all the fond memories of what just happened. The whole day flooded back into your mind. All the time you spent with wirt, you meeting Greg again , the whole coming clean ... Well.. Mostly clean. It was all just amazing and so dream like. If you didn't know better it was like you were back in the unknown only it had shaped itself to real life.. Or at least what you wanted it to be like.

You plopped your school bag onto your desk and threw yourself into your bed. This day was amazing, it was everything you wanted ever since the unknown. You always wondered about what kind of guy wirt was... And now you knew. He was even better then you thought he was. Yeah, you fell for his cute face and tall structure at first... But his personality is amazing to. He didn't say it but sometimes the way he spoke seemed like something a poet would say, so you assumed he really loved poetry. That wasn't a problem for you however, you loved poetry. Hell you even wrote a few yourself. You wanted to hear wirt recite a few of his pieces if he had any... But you figured you'd wait alittle longer to ask him if he could. Specially because he still doesn't know you like him this much.. And that the reason you couldn't get them out of your head was because of HIM..

You sighed hugging your pillow close to your heart.

" oh wirt, your brown honey eyes are like starlight in my skies. It's a shame you are farther then my reaching hands can bare, if I could touch the heavens I'd fall back into your arms in seconds." You nuzzled your burning red face into your pillow attempting to cool them down. Just then you heard the heavy footsteps of your father marching up the stairs after unlocking of the front door and the loud shutting of it.

" oh, your here. Did you make any new friends at school today sweet pea?" Your father was now standing at the opened door to your room smiling slightly looking tired. You knew that in a few hours he would be packing up and getting ready for his second job.. Things were never the same after your mother died, but your father worked hard to keep things going on track. You didn't see him often but you knew he loved you all the same.

" it was great dad. I made a friend, his name is wirt and he has a little brother named Greg who has a frog named Jason funderbuger. I went over their house after school to see the frog. It was nice we talked and stuff. They live two houses down how cool is that?" You smiled wide, your father could tell you where happy , it made him fill with so much joy to finally see you this ecstatic it was like he was about to cry only he didn't.

" that's great sweet pea, I'm glad you had a good day. I have to go to sleep now... Don't stay up to late young lady. And you know the rules" your father shot you his ' you know what I mean ' look before you continued his sentence.

" no phone calls past 10 . "

" and..."

" lights out at 11 or earlier."

" AAand."

" don't forget to eat... Or drink.. And go to school" you pouted abit , you slightly hated when he did this. It was always a game because he already knew you followed the rules he set anyways.

" annnnnnnnnddd" he smiled going over to hug you .

" ok ok. I love you dad " you hugged him back and placed a kiss on his cheek winning a smile and another bear hug from your father. He then went to your door and before closing it behind him fully ,he replied " I love you too sweet pea, get some rest for tomorrow morning when you can. I'm going to hit the hay. Call me if you need anything" he shut the door and off goes his foot steps toward his bed room.