Breakfast

(Your pov)

It was a shame your alarm started to ring interrupting a great dream about the day you had spent with wirt and Greg yesterday. You stopped your alarm from ringing and sat up in your bed. You did all your normal morning things like , brushing through your (h/l) (h/c) hair, brushing your teeth, taking a shower , getting dressed in your favorite outfit. You totally forgot to eat breakfast because you where rushing to see if you could catch up to wirt and Greg so you could walk to school with them . You made it out your front door with your school bag and a nice Cozy (f/c) sweater on. You almost ran to wirt's house but quickly slowed to a slow walk as you neared the front lawn. You walked slowly to the front door hearing the slight chatting of people inside. You knocked lightly on the door, all the sounds came to a stop once you did. A pair of light foot steps neared the door before it opened revealing wirt with a surprised look on his face , he was shocked by you just being there so early in the morning.

" u-uh.. I was just wondering if you wanted to... Maybe .. Walk to school together?" You muttered out blushing brightly. Wirt was still shocked , he shook his head before replying.

" it's too early for walking to school, we still have another thirty minutes or so ." He looked at the clock behind him.

" uh.. Why don't you come in for a bit. My mom is still getting Greg ready for school.. He takes a while to wake up completely. " wirt chuckled rubbing at the back of his neck lightly, his cheeks dusted with a tint of pink.

" o-ok , sure. I'm always up for waiting " you smiled , taking your shoes off at the door before walking in as wirt moved alittle to the side. Wirt closed the door behind you and lead you to the kitchen where his mom was making pancakes for them. She looked over to see you with a look of surprise.

" mom, this is (f/n) she came over yesterday. She's a friend of mine from school.. Uh.. She came alittle early .. But we'll be walking to school together today. " his cheeks were still red but his mom smiled.

" ok sweet heart, well I just have to get Greg all fixed up and finish breakfast.. I'll make some more for your friend too. Wirt be a dear and grab an extra plate please." His mom said as she turned back to flip the pancake she was working on. It looked like she had already made about four of them from what you saw on the counter next to her. Wirt had placed a plate on the dinner table .

" you can sit here, it won't be long . We still have a lot of time to be honest, it only takes about five minutes to get to school from here anyways may as well join us for breakfast"  wirt smiled as he took a seat across from Greg who was still half asleep.

" well... I guess it can't be helped. " you chuckled lightly taking a seat next to wirt.
" to be honest.. I kinda forgot to eat breakfast." You made an ' I know I'm a total idiot' face before awkwardly chuckling to your self.

" well, it's a good thing you came here early then" he smiled . His mom walked over with a plate full of pancakes and placed two on each plate on the table. Wirt grabbed hold of the syrup and poured some onto his pancakes before handing it to you. You pour just a bit not wanting to seem like you were wasting it before handing it over to wirt's mom who poured some of it out onto Gregs pancakes before taking a seat and pouring some on her own.

You all ate in silence . At first it was awkward just to be eating at wirt's house then his mom asked something.

" (f/n) would you like to join us for dinner tonight? I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind . They can come too if they would like" wirt's mom smiled brightly, you could tell Greg got his happiness from her... But you lightly frowned.

" uh... It's just my dad and me..... I'll be sure to stop by for dinner though.. My dad has work.. He works two jobs so when I get home from school he's taking a nap." You spoke softly and just low enough that your voice cut through the silence of the room. Wirt's moms smile faded abit into a light frown as she thought for a moment.

" that's alright, you can take a plate home for your dad then" she smiled once more , you nodded lightly.

" that sounds good. " you looked over at wirt who had a frown on his face seeming to be deep in thought.

A few minutes later you were all done with breakfast and headed out the door putting on your shoes and stepping onto the lawn. Greg had finally " woken up" and was as cheery as ever. To think that just moments ago this was the same little boy you saw almost falling into his pancakes was a Miracle on its own.