Cat's Blues: 7

‘Whoa whoa brakes hold it!’ she was screaming in my ear, my feet skid on the flooring as I came to a stop. Turning my head I listened for someone, I found nothing.                                                                  ‘No one’s around stupid it’s night time. Look through the window on your left I think you’ll be happy.’ God she can be mean sometimes. Making sure I still had a good grip on the cat, I peered tip-toe through the window. My hand went to my mouth as I nearly screamed; there through the darkened room I could see him, busted lip, black eye, Covered in bandages, Chase. I grabbed the handle only to find it locked. Why do they lock everything! I punched the door in anger before kneeling down sucking on my hand. That’d be yet another bruise. I looked at the key hole, pondering my options, I just figured why not just break it? Sighing I set the cat on the ground, taking several steps back, I ran at the door head on, ready to kick it in. At the last second as I leapt into the air, the door clicked quietly and swung open. Somewhere I could hear Eve laughing again. I swear she's the devil, flipping around I landed a few feet from Chase’s bed. The cat padded in after me and jumped neatly onto his bed. Giving me a look of 'Yeah you could have done that'

I peered back into the hall; no one had heard that I hope. Closing the door, and pulled a chair up next to the sleeping Chase. The cat watched as I pulled my knees up to my chin, and sat there. Looking at it, I sighed. Why’s this so difficult?

                “I’m sorry to the both of you. But right now we need to move fast, Dylan I’ll be coming for you in a few after I make sure Chase is okay, so be ready.” I told the cat, who nodded and vanished. Looking at the door for a moment, I reached out and ran my fingers across his pale cheek. Please wake up. Taking hold of his hand, I felt my stomach do flips. His hand was so much bigger than mine, looking at his fingers, I curled my tail around my waist. “C-chase, I’m so sorry. Please wake up, I need you now. More than ever, without you I’d be so alone now. I promise I’m going to get you out of here.” Looking up at the ceiling “Eve it’d be real nice if you could help him up” pausing I sighed, “Because I know you’re watching” waiting I heard nothing, rubbing my forehead, this is frustrating.

                ‘Hey cat girl, try kissing him I think that’ll work’ She replied bluntly, mentally screaming at her, she laughed again. ‘I’m kidding, I’m kidding. Look he’s been awake since you came in stupid. Don’t you see his eyelids fluttering?’ Starring at Chase I saw him smiling, letting go of his hand, I pushed my chair back. While I hissed at him, Chase propped himself up on an elbow. He brushed hair out of his face, he smiled. Dear god don’t look at me like that, ‘you’ve been gone for a month kid. He misses you a lot.’ Eve paused ‘I’ll just leave you two alone’ getting up carefully, I pulled my chair back to his bedside. Pulling back the hell cat, I felt thinks getting duller. Chase didn’t say anything, he watched quietly. Dropping my ears down, I sighed.                                                                                      “I missed you" those words didn’t come from my mouth it came from his. I was surprised, I never thought he’d say that. Chase sat up, with a groan. Holding his side, I got up and instinctively touched his side. “I’m fine, I’m fine. Come on lets go get Eve" Watching as Chase got up, and pulled his shirt on, I was amazed. For once, I felt like the knight in shining armor. Pulling his around my shoulders, he leaned on me. I froze for a second, I did miss Chases scent. Nuzzling his chest, we walked to the door. One month, it didn’t feel like it then again I could never tell the time.

                Halfway to Dylan’s room Chase walked on his own, telling me he was fine. Watching him, he rubbed my head, of course messing up my hair. Hissing quietly at him, he rolled his eyes. It wasn’t right seeing him like this. I mean Chase, Chase was all ways a god in my eyes it seemed that nothing could hurt him. To see him hurt, and struggling right now wasn’t right. Half of me wonder what they had done to him, while I seemed to be running circles around him. Darting down dark hall I’d checked if they were clear, before returning to Chase and walking with him. Once we got to Dylan’s room, I pushed open the door. Only to get scooped up, looking into the face I’ve known so well, one that I’ve spent hours on end studying, I tried hugging him as best as I could.                          God he’s squishing me. “Ai” He kept saying it over and over, his voice was muffled by my clothing. I wrapped my arms around his neck; I thought I’d missed Chase a lot. Just hearing Dylan made my heart stop. I tangled my fingers in his hair as his grip loosened, he set me down. Letting go, I looked up at him. “Hey there” I smiled. He knelt down, and looked me in the eyes. Smiling, I leaned forward and kissed his forehead, “Come on we’ve got more things to do”