Chapter 3: Searching for Johnny Ghost

The dark, cold night looked like it was about to change to a brisk, sunny morning at any minute. This meant that Johnny Toast had to hide.

During nighttime, he retired from his hidden state and wandered around looking for his partner. This went on for almost 2 nights. And during the day, he would flee from the city limits and stay in a small garage behind an office complex. At by night he was crossing the limits again.

Now that it was almost day, it had been about 50 or so hours since he left Ghost's house and fled from the police. So he quickly ran along a wood by the city to make his getaway. While in his garage, he would use the devices he had stowed in his pockets. Three.

One of them was a simple sensor. It displayed heat-sensing waves that explored up to 10 meters left and right. The device would beep slower when it sensed hot and faster when it sensed cold. The faster the beep, the closer the ghost. The second was a small camera to place anywhere he liked. And the third one, while being a marvelous one at that, was smashed during Toast's getaway. He didn't need to use these because there was no supernatural activity around the area.

One time he was sitting in the garage staring at the wall. After so long of searching, he came to the tragic conclusion that after Toast fled, police squads were sent out to search or him but Ghost's body was taken into the hands of them. He was sent to a morgue without any final words. And that made Toast very sad. He slowly stood up to search for any food. When he first arrived to the garage, there was a bag of shelled peanuts and an old can of Coca-Cola. The peanuts were gone shortly and the Coca-Cola was drained by the first time. So for a night and a half he was left with almost nothing to eat.

He found nothing but a spare peanut that fell out of the back and onto the floor. After gulping the nut down, he threw down a tarp that was in the garage and decided to sleep through the day. A tear rolled down his cheek and he went into slumber. But not for very long.

Toast felt a warm light on his side. And for some reason, he awoke. To his surprise, there was a woman standing in front of him. Startled, he stood up. "W-ho are you," he said. He glanced down at his sensor to see if she was human or not. But the screen just flashed 'ERROR: CODE 1729" Finally examining the female, she was quite pretty. She had medium-length ginger hair with faint freckles littering the area near her nose. She was wearing a long, jade dress and long yellow gloves. "Hello," she said softly. "Do you know who I am? It's been long I know..." she said. She had a French accent as well.

Toast didn't seem to recognize her until she spoke. "I think...I do know you. Your name is, oh I don't know, Annie? Anne? A-"

"Aimee," she said. "I am Aimee." She sat down on the ground. "I have followed you ever since your event at Bedum... You and your partner are handsome," she said, blushing. Toast found his cheeks reddening as well. He quickly changed the subject. "I sort of thought that, well, you died after Sir and I met you that one day."

(Johnny Toast & Ghost had met Aimee while on a mission. She had inhabited a mansion they were looking in. She fell in love with Toast at first but then settled on Ghost.)

Aimee nodded. "I disappeared, oui, but I followed you because I sensed that you needed me," she said. "And I was right, because you need Aimee right now! You must follow me right now because my love and your partner is alive but dying. Venir maintenant, monsieur, come now!" and with the final French words she pulled Toast out into the cold morning. It was a lot to process, but at least it made Toast happy that Ghost was alive; but not well.