Chapter 7

It's been a few weeks now since the makeup between me and James. I am still cautious around him but our relationship has been growing stronger and we've gotten closer. A part of me is telling me this is all a big prank and he's just with me to hurt me latter.  But I want to positive for once, I want to believe that he'll change for the better.  At first James and I would only greet each other when we saw each other which would be awkward at times. Then he began to sit with me while I studied and eventually we finally began to hang out with Sirius Remus and Peter. They were confused at first but after explaining to them what happened I have gotten close to the group of boys as well. I started to laugh and smile more much to my surprise and I am finally happy. We took things slow for both my and James sake as this was all so new to us. I wish our relationship had always been like this. Out of all the boys, besides James, I grew close to Remus over our love for books. And no I do not romantically see myself with the scar faced Gryffindor.
I was heading to the Gryffindor common room to meet the marauders so we could head down to hogsmade together. I barely went before because I always decided to stay in the castle and study, but the times I did go I always went to honeydukes.
"Ahhhhhh AURORA SAVE ME FROM THIS VILE BEAST", screamed a shaggy black haired womanizer. Sirius was running down a pair of stairs and hid behind me. I looked ahead of me to see an angry James running down the large stair case.
I couldn't help but giggle at how childish they could be."What happened" I questioned with a wide grin on my face. "Sirius turner all my robes pink" James whined like a five year old causing me to let out a loud laugh. I turned around and held my hand up for Sirius to high five and when he saw the action he smirked and high fived me, causing a look of betrayal to display itself on Jame's face. "You traitor" James accused me and I just shrugged causing him to gasp in mock hurt.
"Hey where is Remus and Peter?" I asked finally noticing their absence. "Oh Remus is at the library and Peters probably with him" Sirius responded rolling his eyes and shuddering at the word library. Sirius and James would never set foot in a library even if their lives depended on it. "oh ok" I said. I looked around and saw two girls walking past us and whispering as they glared at me. No matter how long it's been, these people will never get over me now hanging out with my brother and his friends. After all I went from being bullied by the most popular kids to befriending them. I sighed and looked down finding my shoes very interesting. "Hey it's ok people will talk but that won't change anything ok" James said with a reassuring smile, but there was a glint of guilt in his eyes. I just nodded with a slight smile.
"Yeah he's right you have us know" Remus said walking over to us with Peter and slung an arm over my shoulders. I snuggled my head in his arm. "Hey hands of my sister. She's off limits" said James taking Remus's arm off me. Remus just shot his hands in the air for surrender. Slowly putting them down. James suddenly gasped and a look of adoration and determination formed on his face. It looked like his eyes were shaped like hearts, and there was only one person that could make him do that. "Evans go on a date with me" James asked the red head that walked past us with Marleen and Alice.
But she just ignored him like always, poor James. Honestly they would be really cute together if she just admitted that she liked him back.  Me and Sirius has a bet going on about James and Lily. Sirius betted that they would get together at the end of sixth year and I betted  that they would get together in the beginning of seventh year.
"Common Evans go out with me, I know you want to", James tried again which just annoyed Lily.
"No you ignorant toe rag" She said angrily and then stomped up the stair case which James and Sirius just came from. James looked defeated for a second before smiling again with a new form of hope in his eyes. "I know she wants me she's just to in love to admit it" he said. "Yeah you'll get her next time James" Peter said encouragingly.
The sound of heals clicking gained my attention and when I looked to the source of the noise I saw Professor McGonagall with an unreadable look on her face.
"Mr. And Mrs. Potter please come with me" McGonagall said with a Sirius look on her face. "Of course Minnie" James said with a smug look which was met with an unimpressed one by our teacher. She didn't even bother correcting him this time knowing he would just do it again. Instead the transfiguration teacher turned around and began walking away. James and I shared a look but then followed the professor. "Are we in trouble", I asked her slightly worried. I didn't do anything wrong, or well I don't think I did. "No Ms. Potter you and your brother are not in trouble, however your parents are here waiting for you both in Dumbledor's office", my professor answered causing me to stiffen. My body tensed at the mention of my parents and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion and worry. Why were they here? James noticed my new found stress and took my hand as if saying he was here for me,
But that didn't help as much as I hoped it would.