Part 10

Aurora POV...

Last night I slept in the Hermes Cabin which might I say wasn't as crowded. I was heading to the dinning hall when I ran straight into something hard and fell to the ground. When I looked up to see what had made me fall I saw Nico standing above me. "Watch were your going" he said with an emotionless face and tone and then walked away. I got up and then went to have breakfast at the Hermes table. "Hey Aurora do you want me to teach you how to fight after breakfast we can find you a weapon suitable for you to" said Annabeth sitting next to me. "Yeah I'd love to" I replied felling a rush of excitement coming through me. "Great meet me at the training arena" said Annabeth before walking away to go sit at the Athena table.

Skip breakfast

After I finished eating I went to go find Annabeth and found her at the place she told me to go. She took me to a shed which held a bunch of weapons. "we need to find a weapon for you to use in combat" said Annabeth looking around trying to find something for me. She showed me a couple stuff but it was it was to heavy or I just didn't like it. I found a pile of swords and started going through it and a flash of blue caught my eye. I kept going through the pile until I found a black sword that died into a blue.  (Sword below)

The sword was long and thin yet when I moved it around it was light, and felt weightless in my hands, not only that at but I felt a pull of power towards it

The sword was long and thin yet when I moved it around it was light, and felt weightless in my hands, not only that at but I felt a pull of power towards it. And I knew it was the right one. "This is the one" I told Annabeth making her turn around and face me her face going into shock. "That's weird I never saw that before the sword says mist night furry in Greek" said Annabeth. Annabeth and I headed outside and a blond haird blue eyes boy came over to us. "Annabeth Chiron said he needs to see you" he said. "Can he wait I have to help Aurora train" said Annabeth and the boy nodded his head no. "I'm sorry Aurora but I have to go" Annabeth looked around the stadium when her eyes caught someone standing alone not fighting anyone. "Nico come here" said Annabeth calling over Nico Di Angelo to us. The first thing he did when he came over to us was eye my weapon. "Nico I need you to train with Aurora" said Annabeth and before he could say no she was already running to the big house with blonde. Nico just looked at me and sighed. He walked over to the middle of the arena and got in a battling position. I didn't really know what to do so I copied him. He swung his full black sword at me but I blocked it and then side stepped trying to swing my sword at him but he blocked it easily like it was natural and he was expecting it. He swung his sword at my left arm but then tricked me and hit my right arm making it bleed. I brought my long sword to his feet making him step back and I brought my sword up and hit his side making him stumble. He tried hitting me again but I spun around moving out of the way. Nico and I brought our sword up at the same time making them clash together, and it went on like this for a while. Nico brought his foot under me and made me fall to the ground, and when he was putting his sword down about to hit me I did a back flip hitting his sword out of his hand and hit his chin making him fall to the ground. I quickly went to pick up his sword and went up to him about to put my sword at his neck and his sword pointing at his stomach. But of course me being me had to be clumsy and slipped on a water bottle falling to the ground. Nico got on top of me straddling me with both his legs on each side of my hips. He grabbed his sword out of his hand and threw mine so I couldn't reach it. Then he took my hand and put them above my head and put his sword to my neck. We were both breathing harshly and I could feel his hot minty breath on my neck sending  tingles throughout my body. We locked eyes once again and I felt my self once again getting pulled into those dark eyes. His messy black hair covering his face, his eyes holding a look of determination, his mouth partly open, and a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead. The arena burst into an applause, which seamed to have broken Nico and myself out of this trance. He glared at me, before dusting himself off as he got off of me. I got up to and picked up my new sword. "That was awesome Aurora are you sure that was your first time fighting I mean even if you didn't win you almost did beat Nico and he's one of the best sword fighters here" said Percy coming over to us I didn't see him here while Annabeth was so I guess he came a bit after. I smiled at him "I'v never fought with a sword before I guess it was just luck" I told him with a cheeky smile. He smiled back and went into a look of thought. Which honestly scarred me I mean, I haven't known this guy for a while but I just thought it was scary that he was thinking. I looked away from Percy to see Nico waking away back turned to us. I told Percy I would see him latter and ran in front of Nico stopping him from going anywhere. "Move" he said looking down at me, he wasn't as tall as Percy but he was close height and I was pretty small against both of them. "Look Nico I know you obviously hate me but I just wanted to say thanks for the match your a really good sword fighter and a teacher, even if you just attacked me before teaching me anything" I told him smiling at him. He looked surprised and shocked at my sudden out burst. "I don't hate you And as for the lesson it's no problem don't over react it was nothing. And by the way your not to bad at sword fighting yourself  Potter" said  Nico Di Angelo before walking away with a smirk on his face. I have to admit that was probably the nicest thing he's ever said to me and hearing him say it made my smile grow even more. Today had a good turn of events so far.