8 | "Good Luck" {edited}

"That's absolute nonsense! McGonagall is out of her mind to make Malfoy tutor you!" Ginny shouted, her face turning red and drawing the attention of a few second year students across the common room.

"I can't believe she's making Ivy tutor Malfoy as well," Neville added, scrunching his face in disgust.

"Don't remind me," I groaned, leaning my elbows on my stocking-clad knees and covering my face with my hands. This was going to be an absolute nightmare, I just knew it.

"Well you never know, maybe Malfoy has a decent bone in his body," Ginny suggested half-heartedly.

"Bullshit." I snorted, staring into the fire.

The same younger students glanced across the common room to see why I had made such a strange noise, but quickly looked away when I shot them a glare.

"Maybe you can get someone else, like Hermione, to tutor you on the side as well. That way you can catch up on Potions quicker, and get the hell away from Malfoy as soon as possible," Neville suggested.

"But what if it takes him ages to improve in Transfiguration? Then I'd still be stuck with him," I sighed. "But thanks for the idea anyways, Neville."

Neville nodded at me in response, and the three of us sat in a tense silence. I glared down at the History of Magic textbook in my lap, unable to bring myself to read anything on the page.

It was then that the portrait hole swung open, and the Golden Trio waltzed in.

"Harry, that's a ridiculous accusation to make. You don't even have any proof that —" Hermione immediately stopped talking as her eyes landed on Ginny, Neville, and I sitting in front of the fire, "Oh.... hello everyone."

"Hey guys." Neville waved at the them, oblivious to Hermione's awkwardness.

"This conversation isn't over," she hissed at Harry, shooting him a warning look before waving back at Neville and striding over to sit beside me.

"How were your guys' days?" Ron asked, taking a seat on the floor with Harry and dumping his bag haphazardly on the floor next to him.

"I'm not sure you want to hear Ivy's answer to that, Ron," Ginny snickered, making me roll my eyes.

"Why? What happened, Ivy?" Ron inquired.

"McGonagall told me that I need to get a tutor for Potions. Apparently I've been doing poorly this year. But I don't get to pick my tutor, she's already done that for me." I frowned, trying to resist the urge to break the quill I was holding in half.

"Who is it?" Hermione asked, probably thinking that it was herself.

"..... It's Malfoy."

"What?" Harry yelled, causing the nosy second years to look our way yet again. Someone really needed to teach them to mind their own business.

"And that's not even all of it. She wants me to tutor Malfoy in Transfiguration too," I groaned, not bothering to hide my misery.

"Bloody hell, Ivy! What did you do to make McGonagall hate you so much?" Ron asked the question we had all been thinking.

"I don't know, but it must've been bad because my first session with that Slytherin git is tonight."

***********************************

I frowned, staring at all my school supplies. What was I supposed to bring with me to this tutorial session?

I decided not to overthink it, and grabbed both my Transfiguration and Potions textbooks, and some extra parchment and quills. Hesitating, I threw a few more last minute items that I thought may come in handy, and finally closed my brown, leather bag .

"Ready for your date?" I heard Ginny's teasing voice come from behind me.

"Ginny, I swear to God if I ever hear you say that again, I'll hex you into next year," I threatened, slinging the bag over my shoulder and turning around as she quickly wiped the smirk off her face.

"So McGonagall said you guys could use the empty classroom on the third floor?" The redhead asked, leaning against the stone wall of my dorm room and twiddling her wand between her fingers.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, Ivy. I'm sure it'll be fine." She tried to comfort me, but I could hear the hesitation in her voice. I doubt she believed herself either.

"Thanks Gin, I'll need it. Wish me luck." I let out a heavy sigh, glancing at my friend like it was the last time I would see her.

She stared back at me, pity obvious in her chocolate brown eyes.

"Good luck."