34 | A Wedding

"... then I declare you bonded for life!" The Ministry official spoke, and everyone burst into applause and cheer (and a few obnoxious whistles from Fred and George) as Bill and Fleur sealed their marriage with a kiss.

As the newlyweds walked down the aisle and became lost in the crowd of well-wishers, myself, Ron, Hermione, and Harry (who was disguised with Polyjuice Potion as the Weasleys' fake cousin Barny) made our way over to a table. Sitting alone under the purple and gold streamers was none other than Luna Lovegood.

"Hi, Luna! Would it be alright if we joined you?" I asked, smiling at the blonde girl.

"Oh yes. Daddy's just gone to give Bill and Fleur our present," Luna smiled as the four of us sat down.

"What is it? A lifetime supply of Gurdyroots?" Ron asked sarcastically.

Beside me, I felt Hermione move her leg to kick Ron under the table for his unnecessary comment. However, her foot apparently missed and nailed one of Harry's shins instead.

I almost choked on my stifled laughter as Harry yelped in pain. Poor Hermione looked horrified and whispered apologies immediately, but by the look of Harry's red face and watery eyes, I was sure he wasn't hearing them.

Luna did not seem to notice the exchange at all.

"Oh I like this song," She sighed happily, standing up and joining the others on the dance floor as she swayed and spun with her arms floating dreamily through the air.

"Blimey, she's something," Ron muttered with a grin on his face. However, the grin was quickly replaced with a frown as a familiar figure sat down beside Hermione —Victor Krum.

Hermione's cheeks flushed a faint rose colour as Ron's ears tinted to a vibrant scarlet.

"Hello, Victor!" I greeted the Bulgarian Quidditch player, wanting to diffuse the awkward tension before it began.

"Ivy! Good to see you again," He replied in his heavy accent, barely taking his eyes off Hermione. Apparently I wasn't the only one to notice, because out of the corner of my eye I could see Ron shooting him an icy glare behind his back.

If looks could kill, Krum would have been dead a long time ago.

"Wanna dance?" Ron suddenly asked Hermione, interrupting whatever Krum was about to say. Hermione failed to conceal the look of shock on her face but nodded anyways, and that was all it took for the redhead to drag her onto the dance floor.

Away from Victor Krum.

"Are they together now?" Krum asked, staring after the pair confusedly. I wasn't exactly sure what to say, and glanced to Harry for help.

"Er - sort of," He answered.

"Who are you?" Victor frowned at him, finally noticing the unfamiliar face sitting next to me.

"Barny Weasley," Harry replied smoothly, reaching across the table to shake the Quidditch player's hand.

I could see Krum staring intently at something in the crowd, but before I could figure out what or who had caught his attention, I felt a large hand grip my left wrist and pull me out of my seat.

"What the — Fred?"

"Come on, Ivy! Dance with me!" Fred Weasley grinned at my confused expression. I rolled my eyes but was unable to hide the smile on my face as he dragged me onto the dance floor.

"What happened to hitting on the French girls?" I joked, nodding toward Fleur's family and friends. The twins had been pretty excited about them earlier.