Chapter 5

Sam's P.O.V

I was having the most amazing dream about eating a giant bucket of chicken wings, when I was woken by sniffles. I got up to investigate why Cat was crying. I opened the door. "You ok kid?" she looked up at me, I could see she was scared, she was shaking. "Oh Sam!" I went over and gave the terrified girl a hug, I figured she needed it. She crawled on top of me and kept her arms wrapped around my neck. Cat wouldn't let go. "Sam please sleep by me, I've never been on my own and I'm scared of the dark!" The way she was sitting on top of me made my temperature rise. "Uh, sure kid. I'll sleep with ya." I said.

Cat unwrapped her arms and we both got under the covers. I put my arm around her, and she snuggled up to me. She wrapped her one arm around my waist, and buried her head in my neck. I felt the rush of emotions again. Why was I feeling like this? I'm not in love with Cat am I? Urgh, maybe I'm just tired. And with that thought in my mind, I fell asleep, Cat in my arms.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon frying. I smiled and inhailed its wonderful aroma. "Sammy!" Cat shouted. "I made ya bacon!" She giggled. I sat up in bed and stretched. Cat put the plate of bacon on my lap. "It's to say thank you for sleeping by me last night, I was really scared but you made it all better!" "Uh, its no problem kid. Thanks for the bacon" I smiled and started shoving my face with bacon. "Need a ride to school?" Cat nodded. As soon as I had finished eating, I got dressed and took her to school on my bike. "Bye Sam!!" Cat laughed and gave me a hug.

After I dropped Cat off, I decided to make a turn at Walmart. I needed to get Cat a night light. Although I really enjoyed holding her, I thought she might not want me there every time she got scared, and I also didn't want her to be afraid of anything. They had quite a selection, but the one I thought she'd love the most was a Twilight Turtle. It was also the most expensive, $35. Oh well. It's to help Cat. I grabbed one in pink. I also bought some white wrapping paper with animals on, and a huge bow to wrap it in. After wrapping her gift, I placed it on her bed. Then I got stuck in myschool work. My school had a online website so that kids who were sick or away for school for some reason could still keep up with the syllabus.

Cat returned after what seemed like an eternity, I got up excitedly to greet her, then I waited for her to go to her room and see her present. "AAAAAAAAAAAH!" she screamed excitedly. "You got me a Turtle?? I love it!!" She jumped up and down. "I got it so that you wouldn't be scared of the dark anymore. See? Its a night light too!" I showed her how it turns on. "I thought you might not like me sleeping next to you every time you're scared." "Oh Sam!" She said. "I love the turtle so much! But I loved it when you held me too!" She said in embarrassment. "Well, you can still call me to sleep by you when you need me kid." "I will Sam." She said and hugged me tight.

It wasn't long before I was back in Cat's bed with her. The twilight turtle seemed to be helping, but four days after she got it, it ran out of batteries in the middle of the night. Geez kid. How quick do you drain the batteries? I walked to the wimpering Cat's bed to comfort her. But to my surprise, she was still asleep. I sat next to her and stroked her shoulder. "Cat, wake up!" I said softly. It wasn't working. I didn't want to shout, cause I knew she would freak out. I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. Her skin was so soft, and she smelled like Lavender. Was it weird that I kissed her? She just looked so cute I couldn't help myself. She woke up startled. "S-Sam?" She wimpered. "Yes kitten?" I stroked the hair from her face. "C-can you sleep with me again?" "Yeah." I said. When we were all comfy and I was holding her again like before, Cat spoke. "Sam, did you kiss me earlier?" My cheeks went red, but it wasn't visible in the dark. "Yeah I did." I replied. Cat played with a piece of my hair. "I kinda liked it." She said softly. Wait what!? "You did?" I asked confused. Cat didn't reply, she crawled under the covers in embarrassment. I sat up in bed. "Aw Cat, come out please! I gotta tell you something, I kinda liked it too..." She poked her head out from under and then slowly started crawling back up to me. I stared at her for a split second. Her big eyes stared back at me and were telling me the words she couldn't physically say. I leaned over slowly and kissed her on the lips. Cat put her arms around me. After a while I opened my mouth a little and tried to put my tongue in her mouth. Cat broke away and was frightened. "What's wrong?" I asked. Tears started running down her face. "It's just that, I've never kissed anyone like that before... It's kinda icky and scary. I'm sorry Sam." I didn't want her to feel pressured. "It's alright, I won't kiss you like that. If you want me to, and when you're ready to, we can. Okay?" I gave her a hug. Cat nodded and didn't let go. I held her again for the rest of the night.