Chapter 12

Sam's P.O.V

It was late in the evening when I arrived home on Friday. I threw the house keys on the floor and flopped onto the couch. "Urghhhh" I groaned. I was so relieved that it was finally the weekend.

In order to pay the bills around the house and to cover Cat and my expenses, I took a job at Inside-Out Burger. It was hard work, keeping up with my school work while working during the day, but I somehow managed to do it all.

I must have groaned really loudly, because Cat came running from the bedroom. "Sam!" She shouted happily. "Hey Cat." I smiled, she kissed me on the cheek. I heard someone else's footsteps. "Oh! I forgot to tell you, Jadey came over today, she needed help with her Design assignment." Jade was suddenly in my view as she leaned her elbows on the couch. "Hey Puckett" she smirked. I wasn't exactly sure if I liked Jade. "Well, I'm gonna get going. Thanks for... everything Cat." She winked at Cat and gave another smirk. Wtf does that mean?? Innuendo, no doubt. She's probably trying to mess with me. Cat is too innocent to do anything, no ways she would ever cheat.

"What are we gonna do tonight?" Cat asked excitedly. I brushed the ridiculous thoughts out of my mind. "Ummm... I'm kinda tired, but I guess we could go see a movie or something?" Cat jumped up and down "Yay!! I'll get my jacket quick!" She ran off.

We arrived at the movies, and bought the tickets to Toilet Wars- The Movie. We were standing in line to get some food. "Mmm, I'm gonna get me a big bucket of fried chicken." I said to Cat. "Sammy..." Cat whispered in my ear. "Yeah?" I answered. "Do you think you could get me a grande Bibble?" She asked, giving me her best puppy dog face. "Yeah, sure." I said nonchalantly. Cat's puppy face was the cutest thing ever, I hated to admit it. Sam Puckett isn't soft. But man, those eyes! Cat could get me to do anything for her. With her grande Bibble in her hands, Cat was satisfied enough, so we made our way into the movies.

"You know, this is kinda like a date." Cat said as we found our seats. "Mmm, I guess it is." I replied. The lights dimmed, and everyone started to quiet down for the movie. Cat could be heard throughout the room munching on her Bibble. She suddenly grabbed my hand with her free one, and placed it on her thigh. I was shocked, but I took the hint, I lightly stroked her thigh. Cat let out a soft moan. Wait, is this what she wanted? Maybe, maybe not. It was hard to read the girl. I took Cats hand and entwined it with mine. Maybe tonight, we could finally do something...