adopting a kid

The next few days went by quickly. It still felt like mom was just in another country and that she would come back any day, but in reality, I knew that she was gone. She wasn't coming back. Her funeral was awful. I hated it. As much as I missed her, I couldn't bare to bury her. When I dug the shovel into the ground, it was like taking a chunk from my heart. Only a few of my mom's friends were there with me.

I was the last onw to leave. I really didn't want to stay, but on the other hand, I really wanted to stay for the rest of my life, side by side with her. I took the lily out of my pocket and placed it on her grave. Then I turned around and walked away. I didn't look back. Pepper was waiting for me in the car and Tony was next to her.

"Come on, buddy, let's go home." He said and started the car. We drove away in silence. Ten, long, boring minutes later, we were at Tony's place. It was huge! Fifty stories up and there were three floors underground. I don't know why, but I was petrified of elevators and hights. So i took the stairs. I ran forty stories up and found myself in a living room. Just then, the elevator door dinged and opened.

Pepper and Tony gaped at me. "How did you get up here so fast?" Asked Pepper.

I shruggeed."I don't know."

"Maybe I should consider having you doing atheletics" Tony mused.

"I don't run." I simply said. An awkward silence followed. Yeah....it was a pretty long silence. Then I decided to break it.

"Ok, so what now? I asked.

"Now, we have some lunch. I'll go mke some sandwiches." Pepper slowly said and walked out of the room.

I looked at Tony. He smiled.

"Come on, let's sit. Do you play board games?" He asked.

"No" I said.

"What kind of kid  doesn't pay board games?" He asked and raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of kid does?" I grinned.

"Fair enough... Why dont you play board games?"

"I've been diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. I can't play board games. " I explained. He made a face that said, 'oh'.

Tony was a pretty nice guy. He liked doing things with me even though I was a bit weird  sometimes. For example, he tried to help me bake blue cookies, but, like most nine year olds, I swatted his hand away every time he tried to help me, because I wanted to do it alone. I just wanted him to sit at the table and watch, but of course that wasn't an option.

At one point I gave him the worst glare that I have ever given, he finally raised both his hands in defeat  and backed away.

After a long day, I was out like a light and I immediately fell asleep when my head hit the pillow.

Tony's POV

I liked Percy. He was special. When he made blue cookies, I had asked him why it had to be blue and he said, " Why not?"

It was official. I loved this kid. I was so glad that I had adopted him before any low-life jerk could. Percy was a special kid. Adorable!

He went to bed at eight o' clock. He hugged me and went to bed. When Pepper finally got home from work, she wanted to spend some time with Percy, but when I told her that he was already asleep, she gave me a sad look. Was it just me, or was she jealous? I really wouldn't blame her if she was. Percy was a special kid.