reunions and awkward silences

"SHIELD" I repeated,"What is that? Some kind of government organisation?" I asked

"You could say that."

"Then no thanks. I've had enough of any kind of that to last the rest of my life." I declared

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean that I don't want anything to do with government or science or anything like that until I'm dead."

"Oh, come on. They might be able to help you with your amnesia."she tried to negotiate, but failed miserably

"I don't care." I sighed.

"Tony and Steve might be there."

"Who are they?"

"Tony is your adoptive father and Steve is his friend. You've lived with them for most of your life." She explained, but honesty, I didn't have a clue who she was talking about.

"Doesn't ring a bell." I shook my head.

Suddenly her eyes lit up. She ran to the kitchen and two minutes went by before she came back with what looked like a blue cookie. She handed it to me and I looked at her.

She motioned for me to eat it. As I did, flashes of my past made its way to my mind.

A lady with brown hair and beautiful eyes came to mind. She was holding me in her arms and whispering softly to me.

The image shifted.

Now I was five years old and we were on Montauk beach. The day was beautiful and the sea was tumbling over each other. My mom and I were making blue cookies. She smiled. Then we ate steaming blue cookies together.

The image shifted again.

Now I was on the front step of our apartment. There was a police officer talking to a lady with blonde hair.

What was her name?

Pepper.

She was with a man with a black goatee and sunglasses. Tony.

Tony? As in, Tony Stark ?

In my apartment there was a bowl of blue cookies and the news was on, showing a smashed plane and nearly a hundred firemen tryng to find anybody who survived.

I went back inside with the phone on my hand and munched on a cookie.

Pepper sat next to me and we talked.

"I love blue cookies." I cooed.

When the flashbacks finally ended, I staggered

Before Annabeth could grab my hand, I waved her off and walked outside.

I hunched down onto the grass and felt hot tears trickle down my cheek.

"No." I thought, "I am not a child. I have to man up." I wiped the tears off my cheek and stood up.

When I sensed a presence behind me, I looked around.

Annabeth stood there, looking at me.

"Are you alright, Seaweed brain?"she asked. I shook my head.

"Can you take me to Tony's tower?" I croaked.

"Of course. Let's go."

We both climb into the car and drived to the tower.

I got out and rang the bell. (yes, Tony still had a doorbell. Steve insisted.)

Pepper opened the door.

"Percy? "She asked uncertainly.

"Hi Pepper. I haven't seen you in a while." I said.

She pulled me in for a hug. "Its been almost five years. Where have you been?" She asked as she let go of me.

"I've had a rough few years. I got married, got myself a new home, visited my dad a few times, got kidnapped by Centipede, lost,my memories....so yeah, its been rough."

"You got married?" She seemed to take it rather well that I didn't invite her. "Who's the lucky girl?" I pointed to Annabeth. Was it just me or did she not even flinch when I said that I got kidnapped by Centipede?

"Oh, she's pretty."

"Thanks. Is Tony here?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's in the lab at the moment. Wanna see him?"

"Yeah, we've got some catching up to do." She brought me inside and we took the elevator to the 5th floor where the lab was.

Pepper swiped her key card to the door and as we entered, Tony looked up. Bruce was in the lab with him. They both smiled.

When I walked into the room, Tony immediately noticed my wedding ring.

How do I know that?

He was gaping at my left hand. His mouth hang open and his eyes widened.

I hugged Tony, but he was still gaping at my ring. Was it realy that big a surprise that I got married? So my arms were I was just awkwardly standing there as Tony stared at my hand and I just waved awkwardly to Bruce.

Finally, I decided that I've had enough of this shit and I took my ring off and put it in my pocket. That seemed to knock him out of his daze.

"Hi Tony. "

"Percy, I haven't seen you in, like, five years. Where have you been?"

"Oh, you know, getting married, visiting my dad, changing my name and then change it back, getting kidnapped by Centipede, losing my memory...the usual stuff. But I want to know what you've been up to these last few years. " I shrugged.

"Oh, nothing much. " and awkward silence followed which included me not knowing where to look and putting my hands into my pockets.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I sighed and said," look, I came here to see you. I came here to make things right between us. If you are going to make this harder than it should be, I'm leaving."

I turned around to leave, but Tony put his hand on my shoulder and said," Bruce, Pepper, can you guys give us the room?" They both nodded and left the room.

I turned to Tony. I put my ring back on and crossed my arms.

"Are we going todo something about this or not? Because at this point, I don't see any solutions."