Chapter 15 - Cheater

Pic of Willem Robinson on the side, above, or anywhere on your screen. Just find it :D

[Chapter 15 - Cheater]

My phone is going off. My body can't help but dance to my Baking Sweethearts ringtone. My head tells me to ignore the song and whoever's calling my phone. I suddenly open my eyes. It's 4:10 a.m. for god's sake.

Who could be calling me at this time in the morning?

I've only slept for about an hour and whoever's calling better have a good explanation for waking me up. It's El. I guess she's an exception. She wouldn't call me if there's nothing wrong. I bet this has something to do with Willem.

I swipe on the screen to answer. "El, what's wrong?"

"Viola, hey, this is Dylan." Dylan's voice sounds a little awkward over the blasting music through my phone. I suddenly stand up, about to ask why he's calling me from El's phone. But he continues, "Sorry to bother you at this time, but Elaine passed out. She probably had too many beers."

Drunk and passed out? Hasn't she learned something from the last time she was drunk? What is wrong with that girl?

"WHAT? Where is she now? Is Willem with her? "

"I've been looking for Willem but I can't find him anywhere. Elaine's with me. I found her lying on the couch thirty minutes ago. We're at Gavin's. Should I bring her there or should you come here and pick her up?"

"I'm coming there." I say. Then, my thumb forcefully presses end call.

If I find Willem Dickhead Robinson banging someone, specifically Bitch Carrie Hampton, I swear I'll kick balls and punch him hard to give him at least a black eye on his face.

I dial Oliver's number, hoping he's as wide awake as I am. He picks up on the second ring. Thank the heavens he's awake. He greets me, his voice fading in and out. "I assume Elaine's drunk too, am I right? Sasha's blasted. I'm coming to Gavin Byers' house but I have no idea where he lives. You know where he lives, right?"

"Yeah. God, what's wrong with your cousin and my best friend? What's so good about drinking beer?"

"It takes all the worries away. Anyway, are you coming with me?" he says. Thank god.

"Yeah." I reply.

"I'm on my way."

I hear his car door close.

"I'll be waiting outside."

I pull a red hoody over my head and slip on my black Chucks. I've never worn this kind of outfit before except in my house. At least no one will to notice me.

I sit on the porch steps. Then, a motor bike passes by my house and parks on the driveway of the Lankford's house. That has to be Charlie. I sprint next door as Charlie turns off the bike's engine and removes his helmet.

Damn, I thought the twins were kidding. But this, this is just confusing. Why would Charlie go home at 4:20 in the morning?

"Charlie," I say.

"Good morning, Chucks." He doesn't look at me. He walks straight to his lair.

I trail behind him. "Do you usually come home at this time in the morning? Does your Dad know about this?"

He turns to look at me, the bags under his eyes dark. "Stop asking questions, Viola, and just go to sleep. Does it matter what I say?" It's rare that he uses my first name instead of Chucky. I guess him saying my first name means that he doesn't want to fool around.