Chapter 21 - Lunch

Dedicated to Lachmeeeeeh14 

For readers, hate or love this chap :P

Pic of Sasha Andersen on the side, above, or anywhere on your screen. Just find it :D

[Chapter 21 - Lunch]

Two weeks has passed since the concert. As much as I try to keep my distance away from Dylan, Elaine does it to me too. Dylan tried to talk to me a week ago then stopped after three days when he finally got the message. While everybody thinks Oliver and I are a couple, Dylan doesn't believe us because Dylan and Oliver meet pretty much every day at debate practice, though Oliver never mentioned he told Dylan the truth.

It's not that I don't like Dylan, I do. But then I've come to a conclusion, something's that's never happened to me before. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm falling for Dylan.

Now, why would I avoid him?

I'm just a hell of a coward. I'm not really in love with him, just falling. I'm about to be. And I don't think I want that. To be in love. I don't want weird. I don't want anything now except my best friend.

I need El to talk to me.

I just want to go ahead and tell her how I'm feeling towards a certain boy. I want someone to know. I could tell Sasha since we've been spending a lot of time together but it's inevitable to keep her mouth hushed. She'd tell Oliver and it'd make everything somehow adverse. But telling Oliver isn't so bad because he's never really judged me or maybe he knows already.

More or less I'd like that someone to be only just Elaine. I want to tell her first, ask her advice. And I miss her so much. I miss her smile and laugh. Her pranks. Her annoyance.

It's been hard to be in the same room as her. She remains as far away as possible. She even has me thinking that she has the whole squad wrapped around her finger because the bitch minions have always had her back these days.

Of course, there's still Carrie Hampton, who's laying low, terrified that I'd tell the whole school about her ridiculous affair with Willem. But Willem and El are staying strong as ever; I always see them leave school whenever I'd wait for cheerleading practice to end. If only I could get El to catch Willem and Carrie hooking up then maybe wrongs could be justified. Willem's faults. But I don't want El to see her boyfriend lusting over Bitch Carrie.

"Overthinking much?" Charlie says, sliding his lunch tray on the table.

And there's Charlie. Thank god I have him because when Oliver's not around, Charlie takes over. Charlie gives the space that Oliver wants but he tries twice or thrice a week to speak with Oliver; Oliver on the other hand doesn't give his best friend a chance. And it's like I'm sort of prize between them because whoever sits with me first at the lunch table gets too shoo the other away.

Most of the time, Oliver's with me, and everybody would just stare at us, thinking we're this cute couple we're pretending to be. So what Charlie does is sit with Dylan, Gavin, and Cass. Yeah. Cass doesn't sit with us anymore since she and Gavin became official but we still chat here and there.

They sit two tables away from us, and there'd be times I'd accidentally glance at them and I see Dylan smiling or laughing. And my heart would jump. Sometimes I want to get rid of it, not wanting to feel the fluttering in my stomach.

I didn't ask for any of this. It's just crazy how people enter your and change everything that's not supposed to be altered. But it's crazier how people leave you with just one blink of an eye. Oliver came. Then Sasha and Cass. And Dylan. And Charlie. While they make different appearances, Elaine somehow left. Willem and Carrie ruined it. I want to be vindictive, I want those two to suffer. But I don't really do revenge plots. I'm just going to keep chasing El until she speaks with me.