Chapter 20 - Run Away

Have nothing to say, really. Just that I finally updated. So yey. Lachmeeeeeh14 this chap is dedicated to you. Again. "Enjoy"

Pic of Charlie Lankford on the side, above, or anywhere on your screen. Just find it :D  

[Chapter 20 - Run Away]  

Does anyone know where to find a book on how to keep a guy out of your dreams? Because if there is, I'll pay for any price. I can't sleep. And damn, I can't even close my eyes because if I do, I see Dylan. Baking Sweethearts #2 Fan. I see his eyes. His smile. Everything that happened.

Am I going mad?

It's 5:45 in the morning. I couldn't sleep for one full hour without dreaming about the concert or just him standing there. Every half hour, I'd wake up, my face and body covered with sweat. Hell, I'm not even having a nightmare, and yet, I'm all sweaty as if monsters in my closet actually came out and slept beside me.

I jump out of bed and take a shower. The cold water helps. I brush my teeth. I do anything to keep myself busy. For the first time since a month after summer started, I decide to take a run. I put on my running shoes and clip my iPod to my shorts, then I enter the kitchen, craving for an OJ to give me a little sugar rush.

"Woah, didn't know you'd be physically active." Mom's voice startles me when take my first gulp from the beverage. My mother in her pajamas stands at the kitchen threshold, yawning, and scratching her bedhead. I laugh. I miss her looking like that. "What's so funny?"

She grimaces.

"Did you let monkeys play with your hair? Oh, Dad did. You two didn't sleep at all, did you?"

"Uh-uh," She raises her index finger at me. "I'm not telling you how it went with your father."

I nod. "It'd be best if you keep it to yourselves."

"You look horrible, too. Couldn't sleep because of Amanda's son, could you?" She grins.

"Uh-uh, I'm not having a discussion about a boy with you." I say.

"It's my job to talk about boys with you. And what does your father mean you have a boyfriend? He says it's a boy named Oliver, a name which I really like. Because if this Oliver and you are together, that's makes me wonder about Dylan Maxwell. Well, I can't just approve any guy if I haven't met him. Dylan's a nice boy but there's still Oliver, who's already approved by your father."

I'm still an open book when it comes to her. Sometimes I wish I could have mask to cover myself. Sometimes I want to be cryptic.

I finish my drink. "I have to go, Mom. See you later." I dash out of the room.

"Hey, we still have a lot to catch up on. Don't you walk away from me, Viola Underwood!"

"I'm not walking away, Mom. I'm running away." I giggle as I say it.

"Smart-ass!" Mom calls out when I open the front door. "Come back here."

"I'll be back later."

I usually do my morning runs downtown but this time, I turn left, heading to more subdivisions. A Baking Sweethearts song randomly plays as I turn my iPod on. Clicking next, I start to sprint when Run Away with You rings in my ears. I flashback to the concert; Dylan dragging me to the stage and Bas giving me the mic. I stop, my shoes brushing against the asphalt. I move to the next song, and this time, an Imagine Dragons song plays.

It's a Sunday—most people rest and chill. I just wish this day won't end so I won't have to see Dylan tomorrow.

He wants me to go out with him. I want it to happen too. But it's like electricity, and there's a tiny bit of resistance in me. The only one stopping me is myself. I don't get this. Does every teen have to go through this stage? Young love?