Chapter 19 - Dancing. Yelling. Listening. Amazing. Nodding.

Pic of Dylan Maxwell on the side, above, or anywhere on your screen. Just find it :D

[Chapter 19 - Dancing. Yelling. Listening. Amazing. Nodding.]

At first, I thought it was Charlie. When I turn around, Charlie is a couple of steps behind the actual guy who's holding onto my hand. No freaking way! Baking Sweethearts #2 Fan happens to be the guy who's been trying to talk to me all week; the guy who seems to have so many jobs; the guy I like—Dylan.

Somebody pinch me!

"Hey," Dylan says, smiling. That's the best smile in the history of best smiles he's ever given me. "Sorry, I'm late. I should've been here thirty minutes ago but I had to drop Belle off somewhere."

I blink so many times I couldn't believe he's even in front of me. But he is. It takes a minute or so for me to have the guts to say something. "You're the one who bought the tickets? You're Baking Sweethearts #2 Fan?"

This isn't a good time to stutter.

"I am." His hand slides down from my arm to my hand, and he squeezes it. I feel like I'm out of breath.

"How dare you steal my girl, mate," Charlie interrupts as he forces Dylan to face him, breaking Dylan's hold on me. He grins. "I'm kidding, mate. I'll get going now. Enjoy the concert, you two. I'll be seeing my Chucky safe and sound, Dylan, understand?" Dylan nods, then Charlie glances at me. "Can't believe you replaced me, Chucks. Anyways, have fun." Then, he leaves, sprinting to his motor bike.

"Nice of you to finally arrive." Oliver says, walking up to us, as Liv trails behind him. "You can thank me for stalling her."

Dylan extend his arm and shakes Oliver's hand. "Thanks, man."

"So you're the guy who's stealing Viola from my broth—" Oliver blocks his sister's mouth before she embarrasses him.

"We're heading in. See you inside." He drags Liv with him, mumbling something to her.

"Did you bring the envelopes?" I nod, snapping my attention back to Dylan. I bring out what he asks for. "I had the same format with all the notes, starting with 'Hey, Viola' then it would start with a single word then a period. Check the first letter of each of those first words in every note."

Holy mother of hotdogs!

Dancing.

Yelling.

Listening.

Amazing.

Nodding.

D. Y. L. A. N. It's a part of the puzzle about his identity. Why didn't I notice it? The notes are brilliant. Him texting me is indescribable. I deleted his number. That's why I never recognized him this morning. If I hadn't deleted it, I would've known it was him.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, looking up from the notes. I'm confused.

"Because I thought this was the only way to show you how sorry I am for ignoring you, for somehow blaming you for my personal problems. All the glares and pretending to hate you, I hated myself for it. I had to. But you didn't deserve all of it, not even just a little. I can't bear the guilt. It wasn't right to do it to the girl I like."

Another major meltdown! Please alert all of my blood vessels to relax! He has got to stop doing this to me. He's got me tongue-tied. What do I do?

"Vi, is there something wrong?" He bends down, meeting my eye.

I snap at my own thoughts. "Where did you get the tickets?"

He grins.

"I'll explain everything later. We should probably head in too. Everybody's waiting." He stretches out his arm, inviting me to take his hand. Oh, right. I almost forgot about the concert.