Chapter 22 - Ghosts

Pic of Viola Underwood on the side, above, or anywhere on your screen. Just find it :D

[Chapter 22 - Ghosts]

Halloween comes, and everyone from school is coming to Gavin's Halloween Extravaganza—a party Gavin throws every Halloween at his house with the horror booth as the highlight.

Last year I went with Elaine and Zak, and El dressed up as a sexy Porthos while Zak as Aramis, both characters taken from The Three Musketeers. But El and I spent the whole night searching for Zak because everyone kept telling us he was screaming, also looking for us, drunk. We found him passed out on Gavin's front lawn at midnight.

We had to wait for Zane because he was our ride home so we had to stay until 4 a.m. El and I never had fun since we were busy blowing Zak's eardrums out of his ears after he was conscious. I never got to party. That moment led to a conclusion that I wasn't meant to party but to babysit drunk people.

Every party that was organized, we were invited. Zak was always there, intoxicated, drunk calling me in the middle of the night and tell me he was in love with me. El got invited too, and there were times she partied but always ended up spending the night at my crib 'cause she got too bored to party without me.

I miss her so much. It's been a month without hearing a word from her. I don't eat at lunch because I know Sasha and El would sit together at a different table. Charlie would hang out with Dylan, Gavin, and Cass. Oliver would make himself invisible to the world.

"Trick or treat," little girls in butterfly costumes greet when I open the door. They giggle at my costume.

My mother doesn't flip her fashion designer card this time but actually turns the mother card. This year, she bought a onesie Piglet costume from New York, guilty that I hated what she made me wear last year.

Mom brought me a sexy strawberry costume last year and I wore it at Gavin's party. I didn't have any choice because she insisted I'd wear it. I hated it so much. I even had a strawberry hat she gave me as a bonus and all the guys thought it was sexy, and just when I couldn't look any more stupid. I was supposed to be Athos because El, Zak and I planned to be The Three Musketeers. They laughed at me when they first saw me. Zak named our trio The Two Musketeers and the Sexy Strawberry.

I get a handful of candies from the candy basket. As soon as I finish sending off candies into their bags, they thank me.

I turn around and scream when Zane with a ghostface mask appears an inch away from my face, saying, "Peekaboo, Piglet." I slap him as hard as I can. He groans in pain. I guffaw, seeing him dressed up in a Winnie-the-Pooh onesie. I touch his fake bulging belly, which is stuffed with cotton.

Tears come out from my eyes.

My brother removes his mask and pouts. "What's wrong with Pooh Bear?" He brings out that silly, childish smile, and pulls his hood over his head then does the same thing to me. "Now we're brothers."

We have fake Piglet and Pooh's ears.

"Piglet's a girl!" I insist, glaring at him.

"No, Piglet's a guy and you knew that since you were 6!"

"Uh-uh, I didn't." I stomp my feet.

"You're so childish." says Zane.

I chuckle. "Says the college guy wearing a Pooh Bear costume for Halloween,"

His mouth curves into a grin.

"Mom bought me one and I couldn't resist it. I love Pooh so much." He hugs himself. What a doofus. "And I am not ashamed."