3: Kidnapped

The sky was darkening now and Melody was still flying over the seemingly endless landscape. She was shivering from the cold and for a seconds she considered going back. "No, no", she thought, "I hate it there".

Seeing some trees below her which would offer her cover she decided to go down and rest for the remainder of the night.

Melody slowly and carefully flew down, because she was so careful to not dive steeply she landed a few feet away from where she had planned.

The leaves she couldn't see because of the dark crunched under her school shoes and she unwillingly grimaced, there could be anything on the ground and she couldn't see any of it.

A shiver went down her spine for seemingly no reason and Melody, anxiety filling her head, wondered at her stupidity. She should have left early in the morning! That way she would have found somewhere to stay before nightfall. Now, here she was, stuck in some forest in the middle of the night.

She took out her wand and could just see the shape of it in the blackness. If only she was seventeen, then she would be able to perform magic out of school and actually be able to look after herself!

Melody reached out onto her trunk and blindly fumbled with the ropes for a few seconds before pulling them off and opening her trunk. She felt around inside and came into contact with a big, barbecued chicken leg.

She took out the chicken leg, shut her trunk, sat on it and bit into it. Melody spat it out without thinking, she hadn't realised it would be cold.

Suddenly, it hit her. Just how very alone she now was. All she had was this trunk. How could she survive?

Then another reality hit her, she had the whole world in front of her. Everything possible was at her fingertips. She was free.

Just as a grin began to form on Melody's face in the darkness, a cold hand clamped onto her face, smothering her voice as her wand fell out of her hand and onto the leaves.

Melody couldn't see anything as she was slammed to the ground, but she could very well hear.

She could hear the voices of what sound like a man, maybe two? Or three? They were talking excitedly and quickly. One had a distinctly American accent.

Melody felt herself be pulled up onto her feet and she tried to wriggle out of the man's grip but he forced her back. "Incarcerous", a croaky male voice muttered and ropes suddenly appeared around Melody's wrists and ankles.

The men dragged Melody away through the dark forest. She couldn't see anything or hear anything except her heart beating loud and fast.

Before long the party reached the edge of the forest and the moonlight allowed Melody to see what was happening.

They were on a dark, narrow road and there were two wizards either side of her.

One had had long blonde hair and a smirk, he looked remarkably like the Slytherin Draco Malfoy in the year below Melody.

Next to him was a wizard with short black hair.

On her other side was an utterly terrifying looking man with long hair and and wolfish face. He smelt like blood.

Next to him was an almost bored looking brunette man.

Melody barely had time to process this new information before the wolfish man pointed his wand at her, hissed "stupefy" and everything went dark.