5: Back at Hogwarts

Nothing. Nothing was in Melody's head.

Pure relaxation. No worries. Nothing. She was only dimly aware of people standing around her.

Where was she anyway?

"Go downstairs"

Without thinking Melody's legs seemed to move of her own accord and she felt her feet step down stone stairs.

What is happening? Where am I?

"Fetch Wormtail. Tell him to go upstairs"

Melody approached a man and felt her mouth move, she couldn't tell what she was saying. She could hear it but could not comprehend it.

"Come back upstairs"

Melody's legs again moved of their own accord, as though separate to her mind.

But what was her mind doing?

"Kneel before the Dark Lord"

Something was wrong. Her mind stirred. The Dark Lord? Voldemort?

Melody felt her knees against the cold tiles.

"Swear your allegiance to the Dark Lord"

Something was definitely wrong now. But Melody felt her mouth move.

"Stand up"

Melody stood up. Voldemort was standing in front of her.

"I want you to go back to Hogwarts. You must tell people you ran away but got cold feet and came back"

Melody felt a slight sick feeling in her stomach, but her legs moved towards her trunk in the corner of the room. She picked it up and saw Voldemort in front of her.

"I'm going to transport you just outside Hogwarts Grounds", he said and waved his wand.

~

Melody felt herself whooshing through space and time, she felt as though she was being squeezed beyond recognition.

Soon it stopped and she found herself lying face down on dewy grass. She stood up and could just make out the Hogwarts castle in the dark.

"Punch yourself in the face until it bruises"

Melody felt her fist hurl towards her face three times but did not feel any pain.

"Go inside the castle. Find Madam Pomfrey"

Melody looked down at her legs moving forwards.

What was happening? Why was she doing what this voice in her head told her?

Eventually Melody arrived at the back entrance to Hogwarts. She saw Hagrid come out the door, glance at Melody and stop, looking surprised.

"Melody? Melody Adams?", Hagrid exclaimed.

"Tell  him you ran away"

"I ran away", Melody heard herself say.

Hagrid snorted, "we all know that Melody, it's been all everyone's been talkin bout!"