Making A Date

Paul looks up as Elizabeth walks out of the kitchen with his order. She is about 20 or so pounds over weight, but she has this very cute way about her. Her eyes are the greenest he's ever seen and her smile lights up the whole room. He smiles at her as she sits his food down on the counter just as that Earl guy walks back over to the counter and takes a seat.
"So Liz what time are you off so I can pick you up for that drive?" He asks with a big grin on his face.
"10:30, but I told you I all ready have plans." She answers with some irritation in her voice that Earl doesn't notice.
"10:30 I'll be here then. I know you don't have any plans, but to go home eat bon bons and watch the Prices Right." Scoffs Earl
Paul can see that this poor girl is visibly upset by the comment that this jerk Earl has just made, and he can tell by her body language that she has lied to him and has no way out now. He does the only thing he can think of before he really thinks about it.
"The lady says she has plans, so why don't you back off." Paul says looking at Earl.
"Oh and how does a stranger like you know what this lady has planned? I know she doesn't, because it's the same answer she gives me everytime I ask her out when I'm in town." Says Earl standing up from the counter
Paul finishes his coffee and last bite of food and turns to look at Earl. "Because I made plans with her right before you and your friends walked in. I'm going to be staying in town for a few months, and I asked Elizabeth here if she would be my tour guide while I'm here." Answers Paul
Elizabth's mouth falls open and she's shocked, but quickly recovers before she gives it away that this is news to her. But her mind is racing did Paul Walker the man she's had a crush on since 1998 just say that she had plans with him, and that is why she couldn't go with Earl? Oh My God.
"Is this true Liz?" Asks Earl looking from Paul to her and back again.
Elizabeth looks at Paul not knowing what to say. He just smiles his famous smile and winks at her letting her know that it is okay to say yes.
"Yeah Earl it's true. I'm going to be showing Paul around while he is here in town, so I will be pretty booked for the next several weeks." She answers with a red face.
"Fine then whatever, pretty boy can have your chunky ass I'm done being nice to ya. Let's go guys." He says and storms out with his friends all laughing at him.
When Elizabeth sees the last car pull away and is sure they are gone she looks at Paul who is still sitting there smiling at her. She can feel her face redden more and her heart is still racing.
"Thank you for saving me from Earl." She whispers not trusting herself to speak any louder.
"No problem Elizabeth, but I really meant it. Will you be my tour guide while I'm here?" He asks
Elizabeth's heart begins to race and she just stands there not knowing what to say. She has been dreaming about this day for twelve years, and now that it is coming true she doesn't know what to say. Thank goodness for Mary who walks up behind Elizabeth.
"Sure she will honey. She works 2:30 AM to 10:30 AM everyday. Off Wed and Sun oh and tomorrow's Wed." She says with a slight smile.
Paul laughs his sexy deep chested laugh. "Well alright then. Elizabeth I will be back at 10:30 to pick you up. How much do I owe for the delicious food? He asks
"Five dollars." Says Elizabeth
"Here's a twenty keep the change." He says and leaves.
Elizabeth watches as he gets in the car and drives off. Only then does she let herself breathe, and her heart finally starts slowing down. Mary walks up beside her and elbows her in the side laughing.
"What's so funny?" Asks Elizabeth
"The fact that you are as red as your tee shirt right now, and you happen to have a date in five hrs with the dreamiest guy in the world."
"Oh my God I'm showing Paul Walker around our town. What is he doing here, and why did he choose a fat girl like me? He could have any slim cute girl in town show him around. Or did he do it because he felt sorry for me?" She asks
"I think he likes you, and I also just think you should just go along with it. Who knows you could make a good friend out of him or maybe more." Teases Mary
Elizabeth just smiles and goes to clean the counter where Paul was just sitting.