Becoming Part of the Family

"So Eliabeth what do your parents think about you and Paul jumping into a relationship so quickly?"  Asks Cheryl

"My parents were both killed in a robbery gone wrong when I was fifteen.  My grandparents raised me. They've both passed on too, so it's just me."

"Oh honey I'm sorry.  Well now you have us as a family."  Answers Cheryl

"Thank you that is so nice of you."

"So what are all these lovely ladies talking about?"  Asks Paul walking up and putting his arms around Elizabeth's waist

"Elizabeth was just telling us about not having a family, so we were just telling her that she is officially apart of the Walker family" Says Amie

"Yes you may not have the Walker name, but as long as you are dating a Walker you are a huge part of this family."  Says Ashlie

"Thank you everyone."  Elizabeth says blushing

Three hours later Paul is showing the last of his family out.  "Goodnight have a safe trip home. Bye"  He says

Elizabeth is finishing putting the dishes in the dishwasher as Paul walks back into the kitchen, and turns her around to kiss her.

"How about a tour of the house now?" He asks

"That sounds awesome."

"This is the guest bathroom"  He says as they walk down a hallway  "This is the guest bedrooms and upstairs is the best part."  He says grabbing her hand and leading her up some narrow steps

He stops at a door and opens it.  "This is my office, this room across the hall is Meadow's game/lounge room when she is here with me.  This room is her bedroom and the door across the hall is her bathroom.  And this room."  He says with a wicked grin "Is my room/our room as long as you're here."  He opens the door and Elizabeth walks in.  She is met by vast amounts of colors from blue walls to a red bedspread on the bed, but what catches her eye the most is the view out the sliding glass doors that leads out to a balcony that has a table and chairs.  The view is of the ocean with a canyon off in the distance.  She walks over and opens the door and steps out Paul follows her.

"It's beautiful Paul.  I can see why you like it here so much."

"What if I told you we could stay here more than just the week?"  He says putting his hands on her hips

She leans into him breathing in not only the ocean air, but the scent of his soap.  "I really wish I could, but I have rent to pay, food to buy, utilities  and  a job."

"What if I was to have taken care of all that before we left Ohio?"  He asks

She turns around to look at him.  "Paul tell me you didn't pay my bills for me, and then con work into more time off?"

"Okay I won't tell you all of that."  He says smiling

"But why?"  She asks

"Because Beth you've shared so much of your life with me that I want to share mine with you.  Plus and don't be mad at me I saw some over due bills on your desk one day, and I wanted to help you out. You work so hard."

"Paul thank you, but I was taught to not take handouts, so I will pay you back some how."

"No Elizabeth I didn't do it for that I did it, because I love you.  I want to do this, so just let me okay?"

"I um I okay, but please do not do anything like that again unless you talk to me first. Promise?"

"I promise, so does this mean you will stay here longer than just the week?"

"Well since work obviously thinks they don't need me and my bills mysterously paid themselves.  I don't have any need to be in Ohio, so yes I would love to stay here a little longer.  But I just have one question.  I only brought a weeks worth of clothes."

"Tomorrow we will go clothes shopping.  How does that sound?"

"Sounds good."

They make love that night to the sound of the ocean waves.