The Question

They find something to eat at the fair, and then go to watch the demolition derby.
"Well, well, well look who we have here. Pretty boy and fat girl."
"What do you want Earl?" Asks Elizabeth
"Just wanted to say hi and to let ya know that when pretty boy  here is done with you I'm still available. Just saying if you want to know what a real man is."
"Paul is more man than you could ever hope to be Earl. Now if you don't mind I'm trying to watch some cars get smashed up."
"Stupid bitch." Hisses Earl as he walks away
"Well that went well." She says
"Yeah well we will not let him ruin our anniversary." Says Paul squeezing her hand as he leans over to kiss her.

Later as they lay cuddling in bed watching a movie Paul decides to ask the question that's been on his mind all day.
"Beth?"
"Yes Paul?"
"I need to go back to California for a week to take care of some business with a new movie I'll be doing.  I was thinking do you want to come with me? I can introduce you to the fast family and my family. I know that they are all gonna love you."
"I'd love to Paul."  She says smiling
"Great I'll buy our plane tickets tomorrow and we will leave in two days. He says hugging her closer.
They fall asleep cuddling