Chapter #1

Entering a large park, I look up at the clear blue sky, smiling at the bright sun and feeling the weight of my camera hanging around my neck. I continue my exploration of the large city, stopping and taking photos as I go, walking down sloping streets and past stores. I see a large group of people crowding outside a building, the majority being screaming girls. A dark van pulls up and the crowd push toward it, surrounding it in seconds with screams and paper waving in the air. I lift my camera up to my eye and take a couple pictures, some of the crowd and some of the five boys that emerged from the van. It was all very amusing until a man noticed me taking pictures and makes his way out of the crowd towards me.

"Pictures are not allowed" He says, pointing to my camera.

"Oh, I didn't know, would you like me to delete them?" I offer, getting a smile in answer. I make sure he can see my camera as I go to the picture screen and select the delete option, showing him the option screen.

"Wait, did you take all of these?" He asks, taking my camera carefully and looking through the other photos I have taken today.

"Yes, is something wrong?" I glance at the crowd again and see the group of boys waiting near a door to the building.

"They are very good photos, do you do this professionally?"

"I studied photography, but I've only just moved to the area" I explain, shifting my camera bag that is strung on my shoulder.

"Would you like a job? We have a position available" He says, pointing to the five boys that were waiting for him.

"A job? Really?" I say, not believing my luck. I was planning to apply in random stores around my short term apartment but it looks like I didn't have to anymore.

"Come with me, we can get you a contract drafted inside and you can meet the boys" I follow him quickly, shrinking as I pass the screaming crowd and staying close. He walks past the five boys and I hesitate when I notice them looking at me, before catching up to the man. The five boys follow us, walking at their own pace, obviously knowing their own way around the building.

"This way, Miss" The man says, walking into a conference room and sitting down. I follow suit without realizing the boys would also follow.

"First of all, what is your name?" He asks, smiling encouragingly.

"Song Hyun, Lee Song Hyun" I respond.

"Right. Boys this is Song Hyun and she will be your new photographer" He says, talking to the five boys as they sat down at the table opposite me.

"The last photographer you got couldn't even get the camera in focus" The boy that had talked had short blond hair, looking with a haughty expression at the man. I grin, finding his statement amusing. This makes him look over at me, looking me up and down.

"I believe she has more skill than your last photographer as she has had proper training. Treat her well, she will be accompanying you often." I look up at this, curious.

"Why do they need a photographer?" I speak up, ignoring the blonds continuous stare.

"You don't know who we are?" I look over and see the one who had spoken, another blond that looks younger than the rest, and he looks a little sad at the fact I don't recognize them.

"I am supposed to?" I ask, looking between them all.

"Miss Song Hyun has not been in the country long, I guess you should introduce yourself boys..." The older man says, signalling for them to get up.

"Hello Miss Song Hyun, I am SHINee's leader, Onew" The boy smiles, his eyes crinkling. With shining golden hair and a gentle face, Onew seems to be the most kind and calm in the group.

"Hello Miss, I am SHINee's Jonghyun" A short black haired boy smiles looking me directly in the eyes. Another stands up next to him, to which Jonghyun has to look up from the height difference.

"Hello, I am SHINee's Minho" He says in a small voice before quickly sitting back down. He has chestnut brown hair that s semi-long like Onew's.

"Hi, I'm Key" The boy says informally, before roughly sitting down again. Key was the one that had stared at me before, but now looks disinterested in being in the room.

The last boy is also blonde, and is the one who was upset I didn't know them.

"Hello Song Hyun, I am SHINee's Taemin" He says, smiling at me. I smile back and Taemin leans forward over the table. "So you are good at photography?" He asks. I nod, and Taemin holds out his hands signalling for my camera. "Can I look?" I pass my camera over and Taemin settles back into his seat, scrolling through, occasionally putting a picture in front of Key for inspection, but getting no response. Taemin gets up and walks around to the other boys.

"Manager, I think you are right, she is better than our last photographer" Onew says, smiling at me encouragingly as Taemin shows him a picture.

"I've written up your contract Song Hyun. Oh by the way, my name is Choi Jin, but call me Manager like these boys do" He says, passing me some papers. I read through them carefully before picking up the pen. I take a few minutes filling out details before signing it and handing it back to him.

"Welcome to SM Entertainment, Miss Song Hyun."