Wacky Wednesday

Chloe POV
Wednesday was Wacky Wednesday. I had nothing planned for it, so I came to school as usual. After all of the teachers had arrived, Mr. Reynolds gathered us in the hallway.
"We normally don't do anything for Wacky Wednesday, but this year, we are switching things up. Literally. This year, the two teams will be switched," Mr. Reynolds announced. "I got permission from the principal to have all of the teachers on the Blue team switch with the teacher who teaches their subject on the Green team. For today, you will teach their students and their lesson, but the lesson shouldn't be too hard since you teach basically the same lessons."
I looked over at Luke and shrugged. He smiled back at me with his usual smile.
"I would collaborate now so you can make sure you know where everything is," Mr. Reynolds suggested.
I padded towards Luke and raised my eyebrow.
"Are you ready for your first Wacky Wednesday?" I asked, leading him to my classroom.
"Sure! Why not?" He replied.
I pointed out the basic necessities in my room and then grabbed my things to take to his room. Luke showed me around his own classroom, and soon it was time for us to get ready for homeroom.
"Do you have my roster?" I wondered.
"Yep. Do you have mine?"
"Right here," I responded.
"Have fun with Heather and Hunter first period!" He laughed.
"Heather and Hunter...? Wait, was Hunter the boy that was at the musical the other day?"
"Yep!"
"Well you have fun with Tyler sixth period. He almost always forgets his book in my...your?...classroom," I teased.
The bell rang, and Luke gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking across the hall to his...my?...room. This is confusing.
When students walked into homeroom, they gave me odd and bewildered looks. After the morning announcements, I rose from my..Luke's?...chair and addressed the students.
"You can probably tell, but this year for Wacky Wednesday, all of the teachers are switching teams! My name is Ms. Anderson, and I will be your English teacher throughout the day. Miss Davis is your math teacher and so on."
The students immediately started whispering amongst themselves. The bell rang, and the hurried excitedly out of the room. Mere seconds later, Hunter appeared in the doorway with a bright smile on his face.
"Ms. Anderson! It is so good to finally meet you," He exclaimed, walking up to me and shaking my hand. From the hallway, I glimpsed Luke with a look of pity on his face.
"It is great to meet you, too, Hunter. I have heard about you," I informed him.
"I knew you cared, Mr. Jones!" Hunter shouted across the hallway. He then took his seat while a perky girl hustled up to me.
"Hi! My name is Heather! You're Ms. Anderson! I look forward to you teaching me about literature!" Heather babbled.
I smiled at her. "I look forward to teaching you."
Once Heather was in her seat, chatting away to her friends, I looked across the hall and saw Luke motion for me to come over there.
"Yes?" I questioned once I was standing next to him.
"I'm just warning you, this is the class that I told I liked you," Luke said sheepishly.
"You told them that you liked me?" I whispered in wonder.
"They were asking why I kept looking across the hall, and I didn't know what to say, and I'm going to stop talking now..."
"I think it's adorable," I told him, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
Fortunately, no students were in the hallway, but Olivia stood outside her temporary math room making a heart with her hands. I shook my head at her while blushing.
"How do you plan on keeping Hunter controlled?" Luke wondered.
"I have an idea," I smiled, pointing to a bag of Jolly Ranchers in the room.
"That could work," Luke praised.
I smiled before strolling into the English room that I would be teaching in for the rest of the day.
"Today, we are going to be talking about Romeo and Juliette. Um...does anyone know where Mr. Jones keeps his copy of the book?"
"Why don't you ask him, he is your boyfriend," Hunter called out.
I searched through the neatly organized shelves and alphabetized papers.
"Is he always this organized?" I questioned.
"Try the shelf next to the front table," Heather suggested.
I followed where the young girl was pointing, and, sure enough, if was there.
"Thank you, Heather," I said, throwing her a piece of candy. She beamed in her seat while Hunter's mouth dropped open.
"When someone helps me or answers a question-and the answer must be reasonable-they get a piece of candy," I announced. The class seemed to sit up straighter right away.
"Now, why do you think Shakespeare had the two characters die in the end?" I asked.
"Because he hated humanity," Hunter called out and looked at me expectantly.
"Leah!" I said, and the girl gave me an answer.
"But I already answered!" Hunter exclaimed.
"And did you raise your hand?" I questioned him.
"No," He mumbled, realizing his mistake. Well, one of them.
I smiled. This just might work.

By the end of the class, Hunter was raising his hand and asking questions that showed actual thought. I know, crazy, right?
After first period was a couple of free period while the students went to gym, music, and rotation classes.
"How did it go?" Luke asked me, strolling into his room as I sat at his desk.
"Hunter ended up getting two pieces of candy," I informed him.
"Really? I honestly wasn't sure if he would get any," Luke admitted.
"Well, what can I say? I'm just that good of a teacher," I bragged jokingly.
"You are," Luke agreed, pulling up a chair next to me and gently taking my hand.
"I thought I would find you both here," Olivia announced, sauntering into the room.
"Hey, Liv!" I greeted.
"Olivia," Luke said with a nod.
"How did your class go?" I asked my friend.
"Pretty good. The whole class was made up of zombies," She smiled. "How about you?"
I then explained the situation with Hunter, and she made a mental note to watch out for him.
"How was your class?" Olivia questioned Luke.
"It was pretty good. Your room is not as organized as mine, but I survived," he teased me.
"Your papers are freaking organized by period and alphabetized by last name. Who does that?" I exclaimed.
Luke laughed. "I have OCD in that way."
"I have to go to a meeting with some of the other math teachers," Olivia informed is. "You two crazy kids stay out of trouble."
"What do you think we are going to do? Go into some random supply closet and make out?" I reasoned.
Olivia smirked at us. "Maybe." She then hurried out the door.
Luke looked over at me and smiled. "We're finally alone," He said, throwing his arms around my torso and kissing me.
Reluctantly, I pulled away. "Luke! You do know that we are at work, right?"
"So?" Luke shrugged and kissed me again.
"So what if someone sees us not doing work," I said, chuckling and pulling away once more.
"Fine," Luke teased. He let go but soon pulled me into his arms again and kissed me. "How about we go to that supply closet you mentioned earlier?" He whispered in my ear.
My eyes grew very wide. "Luke!"
He pulled away from me. "Alright, alright, don't worry, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't take advantage of you like that."
I relaxed slightly. "You had me worried for a second there."
"There is no need to worry. I'll take care of you," Luke assured me, still keeping a goofy smile on his face.
"Are you excited for the pep rally on Friday?" I asked Luke.
"Yeah. We are going to CRUSH you guys!" Luke joked.
"Ohh you just wait. The Blue Team is going to break their losing streak!" I challenged.
"You have a losing streak?" Luke exclaimed and started laughing. "Oh, we are SO going to beat you."
"Getting a little bit cocky, aren't we, Mr. Jones."
Luke had the most serious expression that you could ever imagine as he said, "Not just a little bit."
I raised my eyebrow at him and crossed my arms. Luke leaned in and kissed me. As he pulled away, he stopped to whisper, "We're still going to win."
Luke then turned around, smiling once again, and stalked out of the room.
"Lies!" I shouted to him.
Challenge accepted, Mr. Jones. Challenge accepted.