Tea, Movies, and . . . Sterling?

Chloe P.O.V.
"Here you go," I said, handing Luke his mug.
He took a small, hesitant sip of the tea before gulping down more.
"Tea is one of God's gift of the world," Luke told me, sighing deeply.
I sat next to him on my couch, an amused look dancing on my face.
"Tea and books," I agreed.
I slowly sipped my own tea, savoring each drop.
"So, do you-" Luke began.
"I'm drinking," I interrupted.
I didn't mean to sound so rude, but Luke patiently waited for me to finish. Finally, when every drop was gone and I let the last flavor soak into my mouth, I turned to my boyfriend. He grinned at me.
"Do you wanna watch a movie?" he asked.
"It's ten o'clock on a Saturday morning, and you already want to watch a movie?" I challenged.
"Why not?"
I couldn't resist his signature goofy grin.
"What do you want to watch?" I wondered.
I showed him my collection of movies.
"Frozen?" he questioned. "Mary Poppins? Tangled? The Sound of Music? Lord of the Rings?"
I felt my face go red.
He problem thinks I am a loser, I thought.
"I love these!" Luke exclaimed. "I don't even know which one to choose!"
"Seriously?"
"Of course! I can't decide between Frozen and Lord of the Rings. What do you think?"
I couldn't help myself; I laughed. My past boyfriends had either teased me or looked with disgust on my movie choice and love for musicals.
"Whatever you want," I promised.
He decided on Lord of the Rings. We watched the movie while cuddling. Well, by cuddling, I mean him wrapping an arm around my shoulders while I awkwardly leaned into him; I had never been one who particularly enjoyed human contact.
After the movie was over, Luke took our mugs to the kitchen. He had just disappeared when I heard a knock on my door.
"Someone knocked on my door," I called to Luke. "I am going to answer it."
As Luke shouted back, "Okay," I rose from my comfy position on the couch and padded to the door just in time for another knock to disturb the silence. I threw the door open expecting a neighbor or possibly a surprise visit from Olivia, but instead I was greeted with the smell of alcohol and a familiar, threatening sight.
"Hey, Baby, it's been a while," the man's rough voice greeted me.
He took a shaky, drunk step into my apartment.
"How did you find me?" I asked, my voice only a hoarse, shaky whisper.
"When you moved, Baby, I was heartbroken, but I'm here now."
He took another step closer to me.
"For you."
Do something, Chloe, I commanded myself.
But I was frozen. His presence sent memories rankling in my head, and I was sent into shock.
"I love you, Chloe," the man slurred in a possessive voice.
Suddenly, he had moved forward again, this time in a large rush. He aggressively grabbed me and pulled me to him, letting his scratchy lips find my own in a disgusting kiss. As his tongue forced its way into my mouth, I shuddered at the taste of alcohol. He threw me against the wall, never letting go. While his hands traveled down my body, I fought back as hard as I could. For a brief second, his drunken self stumbled back. That was enough. I was able to cry out, "Luke!" before his lips closed on mine again.

Luke P.O.V.
Just as I turned the sink's water off and set the last mug down, my name broke the peaceful silence. Chloe's distraught voice immediately set my mind into panic mode. I burst out of the kitchen and to the front door--where I saw a man forcefully pressing my Chloe into the wall.
"Hey!" I shouted dumbly.
I had never been a man of violence. When given the choice between fight or flight, I would likely choose flight, but in that moment, something about seeing Chloe so helpless aggravated every bone in my body. I shoved him away from her. Keep in mind, it was a pathetically weak shove; however, it was somehow enough to have him back off. Chloe slumped down and curled up with her knees to her chest. I wanted nothing more than to rush over to her and hold her in my arms, but first, I had this guy to take care of.
"Who's this, Chloe baby?" the man said inarticulately, and I realized he was drunk.
"Get out of here," I growled.
"Well, the knight in shinin' armor has a voice."
"Get out of here," I repeated.
Honestly, I knew that if he attacked, I was bound to loose, so I hoped I got lucky. Fortunately, God seemed to be on my side. The drunk man smirked at me.
"Fine, lover boy, but I'll be back for you, Chloe."
He waddled out the door, nearly falling on his way out. I hurried over to Chloe, sweeping her into my arms and kicking the door closed. She seemed to be trying not to cry, so she would occasionally scrunch up her face. Still, she did her best to curl into a ball. I could tell she did not have people holding her a lot, for she seemed to not know what to do in my arms. I adjusted to her, guiding her head to my shoulder and letting her slowly get used to me. Eventually, she uncurled herself and let her body relax into me.
"Do you remember when, after we first started dating, I told you about how my last boyfriend cheated on me?" Chloe's soft voice spoke up.
Anger swelled in my chest.
"Yes, was that . . . ?"
"That was him," she confirmed.
I held her tighter.
"What did he want?" I asked, afraid of the answer.
In response, I felt Chloe cringe.
"You don't have to say anything," I soothed.
Since we were currently on the floor, I picked Chloe up bridal style and carried her to the couch. Joy and pride found their way to my mind as she gave a surprised laugh.
I laid her down with her head resting in my lap while my fingers unconsciously stroked her hair.
"Thank you for standing up for me," she murmured.
"You're welcome, Juliet. I love you."
"I love you."
"If he ever comes back, please tell me."
She shifted her head on my leg, most likely imagining what would happen if he did.
"Juliet, my dear, could you tell me his name?" I prodded.
She looked up at me with pain-filled eyes and choked out, "Sterling."
I stroked her cheek gently and leaned down to kiss her nose. She reached her hand up and grabbed my own while she closed her eyes.
About ten minutes later, she was asleep. Her hand was limp in my own, and she looked so peacefully beautiful. I wasn't sure if I should leave before it got awkward or if she would want me to stay. After another ten minutes, I decided to leave. How was the question. After another five minutes, I slowly started sliding out from under Chloe. My girlfriend stirred then slowly fluttered her eyes open. She looked up at me.
"Hey," I murmured, "I was just going to head out."
The slightest bit of panic flashed in her eyes while her hand quickly gripped mine.
"Please stay."
How could I refuse?
"Okay."
She slowly sat up.
"You could stay like that if it is comfortable for you," I assured.
She simply smiled slightly and turned her body so that she could rest her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around my shoulder as I had done during the movie and pulled her closer to me, trying to express how much she meant to me.