Eighties Day

Chloe POV
Thursday's theme was 80's day. Since I was 29 years old, I had been born in 1986, but I had been fairly young during the rest of the 80's. I chose not to dress up with anything special and picked out a casual navy blue dress that hugged my figure and was a considerably Christian-style cut in that it did not reveal to much cleavage and did not come up too far. That was what all of my dresses were like. (Though, one time my mother of all people tried to get me to wear a dress that showed cleavage on a date)
I'm not sure whether or not I was surprised to see Luke dressed in 80's clothes when I got to school. He was the kind of man who took every chance he got to be goofy and outgoing, but he went all out today. He wore an extremely colorful shirt with a blue sweater tied around his neck and a pair of old-fashioned sunglasses. His pants were bright orange and tight, but not too tight. To top it off, his hair had been jelled so that is was very sleek and smooth. This was my boyfriend. This was totally my boyfriend.
"Hey, babe. You're looking gnarly today," Luke greeted me.
"Hi," I said slowly, not sure what to expect.
He gave me a smooth smile and put a hand around my waist, pulling me closer and, with his hand on my cheek, giving me a long, passionate kiss.
"That was totally rad," He whispered.
I took a deep breath and stared into his eyes.
"You looked up a bunch of eighties words, didn't you?" I asked.
"Take a chill pill, dudette. Live in the moment!" He said casually.
"This is going to get annoying," I sighed.
He shook his head and grabbed my head, twirling me around and starting to dance the disco in the middle of my classroom.
"Dance, girl," He encouraged.
"Ha! I don't dance," I laughed.
"Please," He begged, giving me a pleading look.
I glanced out the door, making sure the hallway was clear, and said, "fine."
I then danced a number of dances including the disco, the chicken dance, running man, and the hokey pokey.
Finally, breathing hard and laughing like crazy, I stopped dancing, if you call what I did dancing, and Luke pulled me into his arms so that my back was against his front. The bell rang soon after.
"I got to go, babe," He told me, reaching forward and kissing me on the cheek. Then, he scooted away from me and strolled out the door.
That is TOTALLY my boyfriend.

As soon as first period was over, I opened Google on my computer and started researching the eighties.
"Hmm. Teenagers in the eighties were a lot more romantic. That explains that," I murmured to myself.
"Hey, Chlo!" Olivia greeted, strolling into my room as if it were her own.
"Shut the door, will you?" I asked.
She closed it and then walked over to me.
"Why are you researching the eighties?" She questioned.
"Have you seen Luke today? More importantly: Have you heard him talk?" I pointed out.
"True, true. I ran into him a minute ago. All I really understood were the words "rad" and "groovy"," Olivia agreed.
I smiled. That was him alright.
"He had me dance with him," I told.
"Awww. Cutest couple ever," Olivia fan girled.
I heard a knock on the door and looked up.
"Ugh. It's my boyfriend," I groaned.
"That's not something you hear every day," Olivia commented.
I got up from my chair and opened the door.
"Hello, sweetie," I said in a mocking tone.
"Hey, babe, today is totally tubular," Luke announced.
"This is getting annoying," I sighed.
"Awe, get real. This is totally fresh," Luke argued.
I exchanged a slightly annoyed look with Olivia, but her eyes clearly said, "you know you think this is cute".
"Olivia and I have to go to a team meeting about tomorrow's prep rally. I'll see you later," I told Luke, glancing at the clock.
"I'm down with that," Luke said, smiling and kissing me on the cheek. He then left.
I turned to Olivia. "This is getting annoying."
"You still love it," She teased.
"Ha!"
"You love it because you love him."
I blushed. "Come on. We have a meeting to get to."