Schemes

Chloe P.O.V.
Luke was helping a student in the morning, so instead of holding a debate, Olivia and I talked in my classroom. I felt a bit guilty for never telling her about Sterling, but I could not bring myself to admit what happened. She never asked what was wrong out of respect for my privacy; however, that only made me feel more guilty with each word I spoke. When the bell for homeroom rang, I let myself delve into my work.
Romeo and Juliet, which was actually an inappropriate book, filled my thoughts. Thankfully, the easy version of the classic skipped over the inappropriate jokes, so there were little awkward questions from my students.
Class after class, I was reminded of my life before Luke. I recalled how school had basically been the only thing I did besides hanging out with Olivia. That life and this one were so different, and as I tried to fit the best pieces of both together, the combination of the two left me content. No more did Sterling bother me; my boyfriend was in the next room to protect me. He would come back. Of course he would.
But I hoped I would be prepared for when he did.

Olivia P.O.V.
The end of the work day came quickly. I was soon bouncing out the door to my car. Mine was one of the last ones left. Of course, I didn't really mind. Unlike many other teachers, staying late was never a problem for me. As I was strolling over to my car, a shadow fell from behind me.
"Well hello there, darling," a frighteningly seductive voice greeted.
With every muscle in my body on alert, I turned around to face the man behind the voice.
"Who the heck are you?" I demanded.
"My name is not important, baby," he responded with a smirk. "I want to talk about your friend, Chloe Anderson."
"Chloe?" I questioned. "I won't say anything!"
This guys was starting to really creep me off. What could he possibly want to know about Chloe?
"It's not exactly information I want," he continued, unfazed. "I want to strike a deal."
"I am going to stop you right there," I interrupted while stepping backwards without letting my eyes leave the man.
"Darling, here me out. I want you to do me a favor. You are going to help me get her to me. In return, I will do anything you want."
"What could I possibly want from you?" I retorted.
"You never know when you will need a favor."
"Goodbye, stranger," I said.
He watched me drive away.

Sterling P.O.V.
I planted the seeds; that's all I could do. Now, the waiting began. Either this Olivia Davis woman would help me or not. If she agreed, she would eventually be betrayed by me. If she refused, well, women could be persuaded.
As for my dear Chloe, she will come back. Whether it is by force or choice, they always do. Always. Luke will be an obstacle that I will have to cast aside; however, Chloe will eventually be mine.
Until then, planning will have to be done. She is well-protected by friends. There is also that odd force I feel push against me when I am with her. It is almost . . . unearthly. Like a spirit floating on the breeze, ready to fight against opposition. Whatever it is, I can defeat it.
Chloe will be mine.