Nineteen: Night Changes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Sort of. November 17, if you're new lols. Here's a chapter with 2000+ words. Title dedicated to whatever fresh hell that song is because it's addicting af. I realize that I'm not putting in Jelsa videos anymore. Sorry about that... I just don't do YouTube anymore lol

Warning: Feels, creys, and frustration ahead <3

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

It's funny on how Jack could casually kiss me in the middle of my words. I never imagined my life would be as sweet as it is right now ― to be the center of attention of a boy, two in fact. I've also never been so confused in my life ever.

There was Robin― the guy who was with me since Day One. He's seen every part of my personality, and knows me from inside out. He was the bestest friend that I could ever have, and I can't imagine my whole life without him. He was a mandatory person in my day, and I love how that is. However, I never imagined that my best friend could also be my lover. Sure, it was a tad awkward with him, but he did show me one important thing: it's possible.

Meanwhile, there was Jack― the guy I've been trying to memorize for so long. I was there from the very first moment he uploaded that video. I laugh as I recall how long his hair was back then, with graying highlights of hair on his fringe. I fell for what I saw in him, and I fell for what I believed he was― or at least what the TV and the Internet says he is. I long to know him more, since there's always something new that I've never stalked before that I learn every day. I thought it was silly to actually think that we'd meet, but he did show me that same thing: we're possible.

"Are you all fine, angel?" Jack snapped me out of my deep thoughts. "You seem floatsy on the head today."

"Is that even a word?" I asked with a laugh.

He chuckled ― his blue eyes glistening under the setting sun, "Well, it is now. I like making up words."

"You are floatsy yourself, too," I remarked as we reached the roller rink.

Glee Glides was owned by my mother's step sister, Aunt Glee. I don't hear from her too much, in reality, except for a few days when the family gets all together to celebrate some event. The last time I've seen her was during my mum's death anniversary. She was always supportive of Anna, Vera Lynn, and I ― even though we rarely see her. Probably because Mum wanted her to, or she's just really sweet like that.

Basically, the whole place was like a washed-out 80's diner― complete with the neon lights and comic book feeling. Half a roller rink, half a bowling alley... except the alley's kind of down today, due to a few issues with the pins and the bowling balls being unfit for decent games. Oh, did I mention that there's also a claw machine there, too?

"This place looks awesome!" Jack exclaimed as we entered the sliding doors of the place. We were greeted by Aunt Glee, standing over at the cashier and trying to assist a customer.

She hugged me quick, and placed a kiss on both of my cheeks, "Elsa, darlin'. I haven't seen you for a while. Who's this you brought 'ere today, sugar?"

"Oh, this is Jack, Aunt Glee," I motioned Jack forward, and he gave her a warm smile.

"Great to meet you, Miss Glee," he greeted her. "This is a wonderful place you have here."