Twenty-Nine: The Last Time

I dedicate this to erasibiria, an inspiration to keep the story of Jack, Elsa, and Robin going

I suggest that you reread the last chapter, 'cause I did too

Tʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ,
Tʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

As soon as I got home, Daddy asked me to rest upstairs as he went on a run to the grocery store. Though I had slept for a good time in the boat, I still felt so tired. I threw myself on my bed and let my mind wander about the things that had happened earlier, and even last night.

Oh, last night was beyond beautiful. It was a shame that it had to end so quickly.

"Elsa, god, where have you been?!" Rapunzel busted through my door and plopped herself on my bed. My mind was still racing with the events that happened last night and earlier this morning - most especially that lie I had told Jack. I mean, I don't understand... I thought I was so sure of this, but why did I have to lie?

"Hello?" Rapunzel waved her hands in front of my face. "Earth to Elsa Hale!"

"Oh, what?" I blinked out of my trance. "What was that, Rapunzel?"

"Lord, is your brain still swimming in saltwater?" She asked with a smirk. "Or perhaps, still swimming in the sea of someone else?"

Yes... Someone... But not just one.

"Why are you here again?" I then asked her, standing up to go to the dresser. I picked up a brush and started removing the saltwater crystals from my hair.

She laughed, "Well, you just disappeared off the face of North Carolina overnight. Your friend would naturally get worried."

Wait, what? The articles.

Shoot!

I raced to the laptop to see how much damage last night had made to our attempt to be unseen in public, but yet again, we have failed on that. Across all the social media platforms I have checked out, none of them was without articles and photos of Jack and I sleeping side by side on Daydream's deck. Every article had a different story to speculate, some saying we wanted to run away like a Romeo and Juliet scene, and some even had more bizarre ideas on what had transpired last night.

"This is so bad," I cried out as I buried my head in my hands. It has happened yet again. Jack and his newfound small-town fling in risque adventures together. The fangirls are going mad, and all my hidden accounts from five years ago are resurfacing with endless mean messages.

"How am I supposed to fix this?" I turned to Rapunzel in panic. The first time was easily fixable because we were awake in a car, but this? Asleep a mile off the coast? It surely had to suggest something, though we even still had our clothes on.

"Did he even call you after that?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I didn't even get to see him when I woke up. He had to leave for a press conference so suddenly."