(Chapter 10)(months of abuse)

(Joey's p.o.v)

I wanted Eric. The house phone rang. BG was gone. I answered it.

Me: hello?

Eric: baby, what happened, I tried to call your phone and/

I cut him off.

Me: I know and I'm sorry.

Eric: so uh the baby?

Me: oh yeah, it's doing alright, I want to see you again, Eric where are you?

Eric: home, I'm taking the year off to write. So are you staying with Brantley and we'll alternate with the little one or what?

Me: well I was hoping you could/

The phone beeped. Dead. BG walked in. Man I wanted to cry.
He seemed happy to see me. "How you been baby girl, how's the baby?" He asked kissing me gently.
"Fine". I say confused. "What's wrong?" He asked pulling me to his chest. "Kinda scared." I say. "Bout what?" He asked. Did he really not remember last week when he nearly shot me!!
I was terrified!

It's horrible to be scared in your own home, believe me.

(Months later)

I was now 5 months pregnant. BG was better and wasn't treating me like his door mat anymore.

But I was still very cautious at times.

(Eric's p.o.v)

The phone lost connection. Dammit.
I was hurtin, she was gonna have my child all alone. Without me. I didn't know where she was if I did, she'd be here. I tried to message her on facebook, her account had been deleted. Was Brantley behind this?

"Turn on a neon light, at least make it feel like night." I sang to myself. She loved that song. I hadn't recorded it yet but maybe I needed too.

(BGs p.o.v)

"Your happy". Joey says quirking an eyebrow. Of course I was I had me a girlfriend. "I got me a new bike riding buddy."
I say. She smiled. "Good". She says sweetly. He got a text. "I ugh gotta go, the new buddy needs help with their motor." He says. "Okay". She says. "You'll have dinner ready when I'm home right." I asked. She nodded. "Yeah, I'll be here waiting, and doing laundry". She says. "Good". I say. I grabbed my jacket and headed to my new friends house to help her tend to some things only I could fix.

(Joeys p.o.v)

It was late, I had had dinner by myself. I was in the bed now. It was midnight. BG came in the bedroom and laid down. He kissed me. "Where've you been?" I asked. "With my buddy, I told you, why you being nosey?!" He asked. "I'm being nosey because you want to keep me here to be your bitch! And I'm just making sure your not fucking another girl!" I say flipping out. "Baby I'd never do that to you." He says. I rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah right". I say. I rubbed my 6 months pregnant belly.

It was a baby girl, I couldn't wait, I just prayed that I was with Eric soon. But I had a very strong feeling that BG would let him have no contact with me or the baby at all. He had deleted my Facebook, my Twitter and Instagram. He kept me away from everyone as if hiding me from the whole world. I was pissed. And when I was pissed I cried. My tears started to fall. I wanted Eric, I wanted him to hold me close at night. Tell me stories when I was sad. Give me forehead kisses like he used to. Eric was the only man I had ever loved whole heartedly. He was my baby's father, I had to leave BG but I couldn't, I was scared he'd kill Carolina. That's what I had mentally named the baby, Carolina Erica Church. But if BG had anything to do with it he'd name her Braylee May Gilbert. Which I didn't deny was beautiful. But I want the Chief back soon.