(chapter 15)(two years later)

(Joey's p.o.v)

"Daddy!!" my daughter screamed excitedly, as her father chased her through the house. Eric snatched her up and tickled her. I was taking pictures of them.
Carolina giggled happily at her father. "We gotta go to that award show next week". Eric sighed. "Ugh, I dont wanna go". I groaned plopping myself down at the kitchen table.

(Eric's p.o.v)

I honestly didn't want to go either, I knew me and the record company or band wouldn't win anything. All this pop country shit, ruined anyone elses chance to get anywhere in country music these days. Joey was in a tanktop. Her tattoo in between her shoulder blades was a week old.
Her first tat. It was a peace sign and words around it. "I'd turn lies and hate to love and truth".
Joey was fidgeting around in her chair. "Whats wrong with you?" I say. "It itches". She says about her tattoo. I walked over and rubbed her back and lightly over the tattoo. "Thanks". She says.

(Later)

I was working on my truck. Carolina was in the house with Joey. I slammed the hood and walked towards the house aggravated at the piece of shit truck. I walked inside and saw my wife making cookies with our daughter. I smiled. I walked up behind my wife, wrapping my arms around her waist. She smiled up at me when I kissed her ear. "Ill be right back, watch her please." she says. "Yes ma'am." I say to her. She went back towards our room.

Carolina stuck her hand in the bowl and licked the dough off her fingers smiling at me. I smirked. I stuck my hand in the bowl too.

(Joey's p.o.v)

I came into the kitchen seeing my husband and daughter licking cookie dough off their hands. I smiled and took their picture. "Caught you two red handed!" I say. Eric smiled. "Nothing turns a day around like lickin a mixin bowl". He says kissing Carolina's head.

"You learn that from a three year old did you?" I say. Eric's eyes lit up, inspiration had struck.

(Eric's p.o.v)

I had helped Joey put Carolina to bed. She needed me to sleep.

But now I was in our bedroom with Joey in our bed. Her head was on my chest. We were just laying there.

"A fishing pole sinks faster than a tackle box
Nothing turns a day around like licking a mixing bowl
I learned that from a three year old".

"A garbage can is a damn good spot to hide truck keys
Why go inside when you can go behind a tree?
Walking barefoot through the mud will knock the rust right off your soul,
I learned that from a three year old". I sang. "I like that." she says rubbing my chest. "It'll be a song soon." I say.
She smiled. "You know what else". She says. "Hm?" I asked her. "Something else will be here soon too". She says patting her stomach. I smiled with pride. She was pregnant again. We couldn't wait.