I AM JUST A FILTHY VAMPIRE (1)

The winter wind howled through the desolate marsh and bit at his frozen skin. The bleak grey cloud overhead reflected perfectly his grey mood inside. These short days, these long nights, the dampness that crept into his weary bones and made them ache for summer again. Each footfall broke the frosted puddles that lay embedded in the hardened earth, each one was made in the autumn, when the hooves of the horses that were ridden over the path had each sunk several inches into the then soft soil. The world seemed to lie barren and lifeless before him as if God himself had put it to sleep.

The naked winter trees line the avenue. His breath rose in visible puffs to join the darkened clouded night sky. There was a freezing chill in the air that brought crispness to the leaves, bejewelled with frost, that crunch underfoot. Mikaela cheeked. He stamp to keep warm, pulling the woollen hat over his reddened ears and tightening scarves over his blue-tinged lips. Teeth chattered and the cold seeped into his gloves, numbing his fingers until they cease to bend properly, stiffened and frigid.

He never liked winter.

Grass pale and stiffened with frost, last few browned leaves clinging to the otherwise bare branches of an oak tree, icicles hung from roof eaves, black ice on the concrete path, slippery and treacherous, roof tops glitter and sparkle with frost and chilled air.

"Too cold...Even if I am a vampire.."

The cold winter wind bit his face, leaving a trace of a flustered Mikaela behind as it kept clinging onto him, his muscles turned into a rigid frame that prevented him from moving any further, his nose ran and flushed with red, shivering like a pathetic cat. He grunted, feeling the burning rage hissed through his body like deathly poison, screeching a demanded release in the form of unwanted violence. It was like a volcano erupting; fury sweeping off him like ferocious waves.

"Never in my life, I thought weather could actually piss me off.."

Mika bit his lips, fixing his gaze on the hidden path. His stomach betrayed his will and growled, stating that it was hungry. Hungry for blood. Hungry for the sweet liquid ran in each human vein. He bit his lips even harder, trying to get it to leak some blood and reduced his hunger. But, as a matter-of-fact, the thirst of a vampire was a thirst he'd never known before when his cells still kept multiplying. His saliva was thick like wallpaper paste. His throat felt parched as if the skin had been extracted and laid out in the scorching sun to dry. It gnawed at him, tormented him and forced him to think of nothing other than finding something cool to quench it. Mika's head banged and throbbed and as the dehydration advanced and he became more desperate, searching for something, anything, that contained red liquid.

Cold weather and a violent thirst. Fuck.

He shook his head, tried to breath through the thick atmosphere of the winter but the air just wouldn't go in as if his lungs were surrounded by metal bands. Next came the rising panic, the dizzy feeling and the need to get low to the ground. His vision started to fade as Mika surrended himself to the Winter. He collapsed on the snow. It felt like shaved ice, only thinner. Huge blankets of icing, caking every surface it touched in magnificent cases of frozen water. It seemed shapeless, spreading its arms to hug him in its embrace.

"I need to rest a b-"

He heard footsteps. Light footsteps.

Shit.

To be continued..