I AM JUST A FILTHY VAMPIRE (3)

Mika shot a merciless glance at her.

He hadn't seen a human in years, and it brought him back to his childhood. When he was still a human being. Way back in his youth, when he was with his Hyakuya family, he was really happy back then. He remembered every single things, every events, every moments they had with each other. He remembered the first time Akane made him a proper breakfast, he remembered the beat-up when Yuu came to the orphanage, he remembered Fumie's cheerful smile, he remembered Chihiro sang a lullaby to comfort him, he remembered Ako, he remembered Taichi...

Pathetic.

He couldn't help the laugh that had escaped his lips. Mikaela shook his head, and crouched down so his knees were bent, and was at the same level with the female human. He reached forward and tilted her chin up, curiously.

She had injuries on her pale cheek, arms and necks. Particularly everywhere. Fresh one. Still drowned in the gleaming colour of crimson. Judging by the look of it, Mika couldn't tell that if it was a scratch from a hawk, a bird, an animal, or it was just a simple mistake she caused by tripping, hard to tell. The wounds looked strange, it looked effortlessly enough to ignite Mika's suspicion.

"It was like a slash from a sword, or just..finger nails."

He breathed, trying to restrain himself from doing anything stupid and started analyzing her current condition. The scars laid fresh and new against her porcelain skin, gushing out blood. It steadily dripped from her cheek and hit the ground, joined together by the sound as the blood seeped out of her flesh, casting a small pool of crimson that caught his glimpse.

Blood.

Mika was dead stopped. It took a hold of him, slowly proceed its way to occupy his corrupted mind and body, its sweet temptation clutched around his throat, caused him to choke out a pure purr. Blood. Blood. Blood. It was driving him insane, the ugly thirst for human blood that he could not resist any further. His dreadful hear raced with need, the tone of his rigid breathing deepened but took on a rasping, scraping, spluttering and ragged tortured noise, shallow and rapid, lips trembling with each outlet of air, the intake fluttering as it struggled to infiltrate his dehydrated throat, feeding the heavy lungs and palpiating heart.

"So..Irritating..."

Mika panted. He wanted to run, away and left her alone, wanted to forget all about this sudden meeting. But he could not do so. The vampire felt as if there existed a chain of connection, linked the human girl with himself, forced him to stay and worked on healing her as fast as possible. It was against his freewill, no doubt. But, Mikaela, ridiculously admitted, he also wanted to see the girl's eyes flushed open, he also wanted to see her facial expression, he also wanted to...see her as a female.

"Haha.."

Endured a suffering laughter, Mika shook his head and rose her body up to fix her wound. Maybe he was crazy. Maybe loneliness had eaten hime alive, swallowing every once of hope he had yet to spare. It feasted upon any happiness he had left, leaving behind empty carcass; full of despair and memories he couldn't seem to hold onto anymore. It took his heart into its claws, squeezing out every bit of life he had, circulating throughout his opaque veins. It craved for him to suffer a life without any warm hands embracing him, or any shoulders to go cry upon. No, this beast wanted him to only felt those cold fingertips tracing his soul, getting close to him, yet leaving in the end; abandoning him, once more, for this beast was something he should be afraid off because he had no power over it.

He gulped, and trailed his thumb down the wound on her cheek gently. It was a rough yet perfect wound that laid against her velvety skin, ruined her perfect porcelain mask of a doll. Mika then slowly traced down on her neck and brushed the cut with his fingertips, started treating it by..licking.

"I am not a nurse!"

He cried in embarrassment since the only thing he knew about treating wounds is by licking them. He could feel the heat growing in his cheeks. By now they must be beyond an attractive rosiness. Mika's blush seared through his cheeks and for a minute he thought his face was on fire. He suddenly felt awkward, demure, guilty, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide his rosy features behind his slim fingers and inflicted himself.

"This is..useless. I need to get her to Sanguinem."

He muttered and lifted the unconscious beauty up, embracing her slender figure in his steady arm and against his chest, then proceeded his way to Sanguinem.

She was warmer than he'd thought.

So warm..

To be continued...