I AM JUST A FILTHY VAMPIRE (4)

Mika dashed quickly, pressing too much forces on a branch that caused it to break and fell, not with the grace of a feather, but as direct as a stone. It offered only a little resistance to the air, but it was enough to give it that motion - almost predictable but with just the right tinge of chaos, it make its entrance. The weather wasn't helping.  The dash in the cold winter evening seemed ridged and harsh as the feather-like snowflakes hit his cheeks and melted; the playful, frisky wind turned into a snarling beast, hurling tiny pellets of pain at his stinging cheeks. 

The late afternoon sun's rays blanketed the craggy landscape in hues of gold and orange, but was stolen by the bleakness of the winter, creating a vision of dolefulness and desolation for the frosthardy vampire as he sighted Sanguinem. He could make out the dullness and melancholy vision of the city of vampire. Mika never liked this place, especially after the playful trick of the Seventh Progenitor, Mika had bored hatred for this city ever more. He knew, in the end, it wasn't dying that scares him but pain. The pain came like a sudden squall out at sea, bullets of rain from ragged black clouds came pounding down with absolute brutality, hitting every single nerves Mikaela had had left. A frown traced on his eyebrows as he attempted to land on the empty street. 

Holding tight the human girl, memories ransacked his mind. Tormented with what could have been and what should have been, words and regrets taunted him with a savage intensity. The images were so acute, so crystal-clear, it was like living with their ghosts. How had he longed to curl up in that rich loam soil and ebb into an eternal slumber, to be close to his precious family forever more. The past haunted him, and sent a wave of chill down his spine, making Mika's body trembled. 

"No, no, Yuu is still alive. He is the only family I have left..I must..survive to protect him.."

He cooed to himself, prevented a slight twitch of muscles on his cheeks. Then he heard a small sigh.The sigh that was resigned and weary. It signalled the end of deliberate effort and the beginning of passive deterioration. It was a sigh, so quiet that it went unnoticed, its sound and its movement dissapated out into the vastness of the world and made no effect at all. It was not the start of any butterfly effect. But in Mika's life, it was a pivotal turning point. It was the moment he'd first noticed her.

She had awakened.   

To be continued...