Chapter Fourteen

~Emily~ 

I slammed the car door closed, waiting for Jill to come down the vehicle before I leave, "Is that all you need, Ems?" She asks, juggling the keys in her hand as she jogged to my side. 

I checked my papers, my blank time-table, and my satchel before I grinned widely at her, "Yup. I'm gonna go, Jill. Thanks for bringing me, by the way!" I noted, turning around when she called out.

"Don't you need a ride to Harry's?" She asks, curiosity clouding her thoughts as she approached me.  I smiled politely before I nodded, "I'm just gonna have to walk. It's just a few minutes walk, anyways. Thanks for bringing me to Knox, by the way! It seems like a fun university!" I beamed, grinning at her widely.

She half-smirked, not quite catching that unfamiliar glint in her eyes, "Is it the university or Jared Chase that seems 'fun'?" She said, applying emphasis on Jared Chase. I felt tiny specs of pink spreading my cheeks, causing me to lower my head, letting my cascading brown waves block my vision of the brunette.

She laughed at this, gripping my shoulders and shaking me as if to awaken me, "You don't have to be shy about that. Almost everyone loves Jared Chase in the university. Just... be careful of him though, okay?" She asks, her face scrunching, eyebrows creasing as a memory might have flooded her mind.

She shook her head, as if pushing the thought back, forcing a smile upon her face, releasing my shoulders from her grip, "Anyways, you sure you don't want me to bring you over to Harry's? It's just a few minu-"

"I'm fine, Jill. Have a great day! I'm off now!" I assured, waving at her and grinning before turning my back and heading towards the streets. 

Throughout the whole way, I was thinking of what was bothering Jill this morning. It's like there was something much more important and in-depth about Jared Chase that she wouldn't tell me. Then again, if it was important, she would've told me. 

So I shook the thought away, slightly getting confused by the street names and the complex names before I figured it all out. I quickly scurried, making it for the other side of the road where the complex was before the traffic light turns green. I sighed in relief, reaching the entrance in time for the traffic light to turn green, a big clump of cars suddenly rushing out of nowhere, taking me aback.

I shrugged it off, walking in the lobby, about to get in the lift when I spotted an old woman dropping a basket of dirty laundry. I approached her quickly, grabbing the clothes that she dropped, placing it in the basket quickly. She crouched, getting the remaining pieces of clothing I forgot to get. I grabbed the basket for her, a smile spreading on her face.

"Thank you, dear." She said, getting the basket from me even when I insisted on bringing it for her. I smiled politely, nodding at her before walking towards the open lift. I caught a quick glimpse of the old lady, making her way towards the laundromat before the lift doors slid closed.

It was a short ride towards Harry's floor. I patiently waited when the doors dinged, opening quickly before I made my way towards the flat. I looked at my satchel, searching for the spare keys Harry gave me the night we arrived as I arrived at the front door, finally getting it, surprised to find the door already unlocked as I yanked it open, only to bump into something.

Bump into someone, rather. 

I pierced my eyes shut, a slight spec of pain jolting through my system before peeling them open and looking up to meet the green orbs I've grown used to. My lips parted, in complete awestruck as I found Harry wearing nothing but a towel wrapped on the lower half region of his body, his curls slightly damp, his body tricklying with droplets,