Chapter Nineteen

~Author's Note~

Hey, guys! Your comments and reviews on the previous chapter were amazing! I feel so overwhelmed right now. I didn't even expect you guys to be this affected to what happened between Emily, Harry, and Amber! So, granting your one and only wish, I give you, Chapter Nineteen of After Winter in Harry's perspective.

Enjoy! .x

~*~ 

~Harry~ 

Everything, absolutely everything came out in one big blur. It's like all those words I never intended to throw at Emily actually left my mouth, resulting to my best friend leaving me as well. I stayed frozen on the same spot I had been ever since the fight fifteen minutes ago and I could already feel like I've lost something so important in my life that I couldn't bear the thought of it being lost.

And I knew exactly what and who it was.

Emily and our friendship. Everything.

I stood there for ages, not knowing what to do or what to say. All that accompanied me was the eerie silence that engulfed the whole of my flat, the clattered mess that was left behind when Emily dropped her rucksack on the floor in shock.

Emily.

And just like that, I've recovered from the trance I somehow got in because of shock. I snapped up quickly to the open door of my flat, about to push it close when Emily's phone blared, flashing Jill's name and number.

My eyebrows furrowed as I held it and swiped the screen to accept the call, immediately recognizing the accent Jill acquired throughout the years, hearing a loud, repetitive vibration course throughout her line, "Hey, Emily? Good thing you answered! I've been try-"

"-Jill." I said, my tone blank and dull it made her go silent; the loud vibration accompanying the once again eerie silence that engulfed us. I heard her gulp hard before uttering another set of words.

"Harry? Wha-what are you doing with Emily's phone? Where is she?" She asks, sputtering the words messily she had to say it again. I pierced my eyes shut, heaving a deep sigh before answering her question.

"She left, Jill." I answered shortly, hearing an awkward chuckle coming from her line. "Oh, okay. Where did she go, Harry?" She asks, her voice coming the slightest bit shaky. It was my turn to gulp hard, not knowing how to phrase the series of events that had just happened a few minutes ago.

"She... She left me when she found me and Amber almost ki-"

"Wait, what?! What do you mean, Amber?! She's there?! And she's with you!?" She screamed, hints of her anger lacing with the tone she used on my. I winced slightly at the shrill tone of her voice, her anger almost radiating off of me.

"Ye-yeah. I can't believe she lied to me, Jill. I mean, she's my be-"

"-You fucking idiot! You're her best friend! You should've known better, you twat!" She shouted at me, causing my eyebrows to quirk at her point, "What do you mean?"

"You jerk! You know she has this fear of walking alone because of what happened when she was eleven and now you let her off like that in the middle of the fucking night?! Goddammit, Harry the streets of Illinois are never safe whether it be night or day! And you just let her leave like that?! You're such a fucking prick!" She rambled on, the shrill tone of her voice and the anger rising in it somehow colliding to form a bomb directed towards me.

I winced even more, my heart constricting pains as images of a few minutes ago came popping in my mind, my eyes widening at realization. "Oh my God, what have I done. I-"