Chapter Twenty-Eight

~Emily~ 

I don't know how long it lasted, but I know it took me some time before I unwrapped my arms from Harry's neck, taking hold of the cold device with my right hand. His name kept flashing repeatedly on the screen and God knows it took me guts to accept the call, knowing Harry's eyes were still trained on me.

"Hello?" I spoke softly, hearing so muffling in the background before a light voice responds to me, my heart fluttering slightly. I sneak a glance at Harry, his eyebrows scrunched and face full of wonder. I bit my lip nervously, listening to what Louis had to say.

"Hey, Ems. Where are you right now?" He asks coolly, probably walking around his flat from what I could muster in his line's background. 

"I'm in Harry's flat." I say slowly, waiting for his reaction. All muffling stops and if I heard right, I could hear his breath hitch by the time I mentioned my whereabouts. But he brushed it off quickly, his tone perking up the slightest bit as he spoke again.

"Oh, okay then. Would Harry mind if I pick you up there? There's this park nearby and I wanted to check it out but I can't go alone." He sputters and I almost find it cute. A small smile graces my lips and I nod, completely forgetting about Louis not seeing me.

"Sure, I'll be right down." I say and he tells me he'll be here in ten minutes before I hang up the phone. I turn around to face Harry, a massive frown on his face. "What was that?" He asks, taking a hold of my hand.

I put the phone back on my bag, taking the coat off the rack as I explained to Harry, "Louis wanted to meet up. He said something about wanting to check out a new park nearby. I'll be quick." I assured, giving him a peck on the cheek and muttering a goodbye before leaving the flat.

My thoughts wandered everywhere, conclusions forming itself as I pondered over the reason behind Louis' sudden request to hang out in a park. Why would he want to meet up at this time and why in the park? 

Pushing those thoughts aside, I scurry my way towards the main exit, making my way out of the building to find a figure leaning on a black SUV, his denim jacket wrapped loosely around him. A nervous smile creeps on my face, walking towards him quickly. 

The moment he catches a glance at me, he approaches, giving me a tight hug and eventually lifting me off the ground. I laugh at this, a wide grin plastered on both our faces as we pulled away, "I thought you'd reject my offer of going to the park." He says and I quirk my eyebrow on him.

"And why would you think that, good sir?" I mock a posh accent, stopping the fit of giggles from erupting from my mouth as I look at him. He gives me an effortless yet breathtaking smile as he raked his hand through his tousled hair.

"Well, for one; you were with Harry. And two, you were with Harry." He says with an arrogant smirk tugging on his lips. I give him a weird look, a smile still plastered on my face, "That was just one reason. You repeated it." I say slowly, watching him push himself off his position.

"Well, isn't that very clever, Captain Obvious?" He rhetorts and I do nothing but smack him on the shoulder, satisfied with the grunt he makes after. "You don't have to be a jerk, Tomlinson." I say before climbing up his car. He doesn't respond. Instead, he closes the door he's opened for me and walks around, climbing up his seat.

Buckling my seatbelt securely, I turn to him, "So, where's this park you were talking about?" I ask, readjusting the bag around my body. He looks at me while backing away towards the main road, a smirk plastered across his face once more.

"That, my lady, is a surprise." Is his only remark throughout the whole ride, which consisted of soft music and comforting silence.

~*~