Chapter Twenty-Six

~Emily~ 

The sound of my alarm blared at exactly half past six in the morning, my eyes scrunching as I groaned, getting up from bed, expecting Jill to come inside and force me to get up and prepare for Knox. But Jill didn't come in as I expected. Instead, I jolt awake, the pain from my stitches panging violently in the sudden action.

I winced, clutching the stitches as I opened my eyes once more, only to see the plain white walls and the grey carpet adorning the floor, the bay window in sight. My eyebrows quirked in curiosity as events from last night replayed. My heart fluttered at the thought of Harry's lips on mine, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks once more.

I prop up from the bed, heading towards the vanity to run my fingers through my unruly brown locks; the dark circles from two days ago now gone, only to be replaced with a never-ending grin plastered on my face. My stomach churned as I remembered Harry's arms wrapped around my waist, his hot breath fanning the back of my cheek.

I pinched my arm repeatedly, wanting to know so badly if this was just another fascination like the one I had in New Year's Eve. But everytime I felt that slightly stinging pain on my arm after pinching, I knew it wasn't just a fascination anymore. This is reality; and as it sunk in my head, my heart only fluttered more at the thought of the boy with green eyes.

I looked back at the digital clock by my bedside table, the digits stating it was quarter to seven already. I placed my slippers on as I left the bedroom, heading towards the kitchen to make myself some breakfast; and perhaps Harry as well.

I yelped as I felt arms snake around my waist after I flipped the eggs, soft lips touching the tip of my shoulder making me shudder and my heart flutter. I quickly knew who it was. But it was the way he showed his affection that surprised me. A small smile tugged on my lips as I turned the heat off before turning to face him.

Compared to the small and nervous smile plastered on my face, a stomach-churning, heart-fluttering grin graced his features. He was wearing a grey Ramones shirt and a pair of plaid boxers hanging loosely on his hips. I tried to avoid looking at his boxers as he pecked me on the cheek, heat rushing to my cheeks once again.

"Good morning." He whispered on my ear, his raspy voice sending shivers down my spine. I smiled a nervous smile at him, silently sputtering a greeting back, making him laugh. I grunted in embarassment, leaning my head down on his shoulder; his upper body vibrating from his chuckles.

"Stop laughing at me." I whine, my voice coming out muffled before I looked back up. A pout forms on my face as I looked at the amused grin tugging on his lips. His lips look so full and soft, it takes me back to what happened the previous night, the blood rushing to my cheeks once more

I hear him chuckle again, tilting my chin up so I could look him in the eyes. An amused glint was visible in his green eyes, a smirk tugging on his lips as he pinched the bridge of my nose. I whined, swatting his hand off, amusing him even more. 

"I'm sorry. It's just... I find you cute when you feel embarassed" He says, examining my features carefully, my heart fluttering wildly. I rolled my eyes at him, attempting to look annoyed but failing horribly because of the grin on my face.

He pecked my cheek quickly, unwrapping his arms around my waist to grab ahold of my hand, my stomach churning wildly. I don't think I could take anymore of Harry's acts. It makes my heart flutter in ways I didn't think was possible. It makes my stomach churn inevitably and my cheeks hurt from smiling widely at him.

I never felt like this towards anyone except him. Except my best friend. Except Harry.

My heart drops at the thought of him being my best friend. Why is there a panging in my chest as I thought of what we could be more than best friends? Harry noticed the sudden mood change I had acquired, his smile shifting to a frown.