Chapter 9

Gabbys P.O.V.
I have finally accomplished the one thing that I have been working for, for eight years. I am no longer a candidate on 81!!! We have a new candidate coming in today and I am actually pretty excited about it. I get to see what all the guys felt like with someone new on truck. I am hoping it's another chick because I need someone by my side to help me kick ass on this truck. If it's not, just another guy to prove I'm not a wimp to and that should be fun. I was laying in bed and I ran my hand across the sheets that were empty. At first I was worried but I looked at the pillow and it had a dent in it that told me he had been sleeping and he didn't just walk out. I got oust bed and threw on a pair of shorts and a sweater. I walked out into the kitchen and saw Matt standing by the counter making a cup of coffee with our Kurig maker. I walked up behind him and rubbed his back and put my arms around his waist. He turned around and said, "Hey princess" that made me just smile out of my mind. I looked up at him and said, "New candidate today huh?" He grabbed the coffee from the maker and handed it to me as he sat down in a chair at the kitchen table. I sat on his lap, my legs hanging over the side of his. He put his arm around me and said, "Yep. Hoping it's not a guy because i swear if someone touches you I'll-" he started to say and I cut him off by leaning in and kissing him. "Nobody can take me away from you." He smiled and said, "Good. Cause your mine." He said as he picked me up as I started giggling and ran to the living room. He pinned me down to the ground and said, " I win" I kissed him to distract him and when he wasn't paying attention, I pushed him off and crawled on top of him and pinned his arm to the ground saying, "I win" with a smile on my face. He sat up and said, "Fine you win darlin." I stood up and walked over to the couch sitting down, Matt walking back over to me and laying next to me. "Soooo... What do you thinks gonna happen with The whole Sylveride situation?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes and said., "Can we just worry about us for a minute?" And he looks at me and took my chin in his hand, slowly bring my face to his, "I am always up for being with you" We only had 10 minutes till we had to be to shift. So I kissed him, and backed away leaving him wanting more. "Where are you going!?" He yelled at me and I replied, "Getting ready for shift lieutenant. You should be too a new candidate today!!!" I said as I ran off to the bathroom and slammed the door. I pressed play on the playlist containing the many songs I loved. Starting with a PANIC!at the Disco song, I grabbed my makeup off the counter and began applying it as I sang along to the music. I decided to go with my daily makeup routine and to put my hair in a ponytail with a sparkly rhinestone headband. I knew I want this girly girl, but for some reason i felt like I was. I walked out and yelled, "MATT ARE YOU READY?!" And he came running out grabbing his jacket and closing the door behind me.
********
Sylvies P.O.V.
I was packing up my bag to get ready and leave the hospital. But I was packing for more than just that. Kelly walked up behind me and said, "Hey..." I took his hand and told him to sit down with me. He sat down next to me and I looked into his eyes. "Listen Kelly. Me and you, this just isn't working. I mean I know we were engaged I mean we were even gonna have a baby. But this whole thing with you and Mia...."    And suddenly I just broke. "I um- I need to leave for a while. Get a new life. I moved here to Chicago for a new life, to live and become a new person. But I just turned into the same person workin a job with a house husband every night. I need a change Kelly." He looked at me , not even worried about himself and said, "What about Gabby. Your all she has." I replied saying, "She'll have to learn to live without me." I said as i slipped my brown boots on and threw my hair in a ponytail. I stood up and leaned down looking at Kelly, kissing him one last time, "Goodbye Kelly." I said picking up my bags and walking out the room, signing the discharge papers and driving away.
*********
Gabbys P.O.V
Matt and i walked up to the firehouse, hand in hand and said, "I love you Lieutenant." I said as i smiled. He looked at me and said, "I guess I can't call you Candidate anymore huh" I giggled, "But that doesn't mean you can't love me." He wrapped his arm around my Back and kissed me right in front of the firehouse and said, "And I love you Firefighter" my face started blushing and I had an enormous smile on my face. And our new candidate walked up to us, yelling, "Damn you two get a room already!!" Matt looked at her as she walked up to us. She was like a twig skinny, Brown hair bouncing around when she walked, Blue eyes, and a pale clear complexion. She walked up to Matt and shook his hand saying, "Emily Howard. I'm the new candidate on 81" Matt replied with a smile, "Nice to meet you Emily, this is Gabby our former candidate here on 81." I shook her hand, surprised he didn't introduce me as his wife, but I didn't think to worry about it because I knew he wasn't that kind of man. Matt walked away to get dressed leaving me standing across from this flawless Chick. She came closer to me and said, "Damn the lieutenant sure is hot Huh? Think i should ask him out?" I just smiled and said, "yeah he sure is hot..." I knew something wasn't right with this girl.