Some useless tips

Some useless tips

Tourism:

If you are a tourist and want to look around the city in peace than never ever take the bus. It’s always too crowded. And avoid the local train too. Take the taxi.

If you are street shopping in Gariahat or Esplanade, learn how to bargain. And Always pay half of the price the shopkeeper asks you to pay at first.

The planetarium is boring, but a nice place to sleep.

Shopping malls are not tourist places. They just make you realize why you need a job that pays well.

All the phuchhkawalas are awesome.

There’s a narrow street opposite Shree Ram Acrade in Esplanade. Try the baraf the gola only from there. The other vendors aren’t that good.

Don’t trust a shopkeeper, especially when he says everyone’s buying it!

Don’t buy the pirated cds, they don’t play the movie you bought it for watching.

While shopping avoid the sales girls as much as possible, they won’t let you buy the thing you want to buy and you will end up purchasing something you really don’t need.

Use google maps, the taxi walas sometimes take the longer route if they realize you don’t know the roads.

Campus:

If you are new, don’t be afraid of seniors. They are very friendly and nice.

Campus canteens are cheaper than McDonald’s and KFC. Don’t trust the commercials.

Carry around extra money, the Xeroxes will be sole reason for your bankruptcy.

Attendance isn’t that important after 1st semester. But make sure it’s above 60%.

You will meet all the students of your pass course class during exams. Otherwise people rarely attend them.

Don’t take up foreign language if you love bunking. They are way too hard.

7. Don’t expect hot professors,   they exist only in movies. And in real life they are a rare breed.

You will definitely think about opening a Xerox shop so start looking for a plot and loan.

First day first shows are more entertaining than class.

Know where the library is, that’s where you can find your studious friend.

We all have that one irritating classmate who knows it all and sometimes more than the professor. At times even the professors don’t like them.

If it’s your birthday

Don’t bother applying make-up. The only cream that decorates your face will belong to the cake.

Don’t bother about the cake’s flavor, it’s going to end up in your face.