Buses Vs Autos

Buses Vs Autos

Don’t worry jara porchho eta ekhono, it’s not another chapter on tourism. It’s just my rant as a frustrated traveler. It’s not about the rabindrasangeet in traffic signals. Fortunately haven’t heard it in a while in the signals but I hope I didn’t jinx it by typing it out to the internet.

Traveling from one part of the city to another actually takes more time than a flight to Agartala. By that time people can actually land in Kolkata from Agartala, have coffee and then return. Still that’ll take 10 minutes less than to travel from one part of the city to another. But no one does that because we all know it’s expensive and stupid to fly to another city for 10 minutes only for having coffee. No offence to the filthy rich people out there who can afford it.

Moving back to the topic the traffic is not the only irritating thing, the heat and humidity join forces to make your head boil. If someone throws an egg at your head, most probably it will turn into omelet instantly. But please don’t try that whenever you visit the city. The eggs smell will only add to your irritation.

Buses:

Pros:

1. If you are a lady then there’s a change that you’ll get a sit as they have reserved sit for ladies.

2. It’s cheaper.

3.  Always available.

Cons:

1. Most of the times it’s too much crowded. Yesterday I saw a bus where people were hanging on the back of the bus. It was a wonder that nobody had climbed up to the roof. Still people were trying to get up on that bus.

2. It stops in every stop which is a good thing but it makes the bus slower and people are always in hurry. Not only the bus stops, it has to stop at the red light too so it’s stopping for five to fifty minutes (Depending on traffic) after traveling for two minutes.

3. It has only 3 pros. Sweaty people who stink of dead fish. (Only in crowded buses and mostly found on days when you spend extra two hours on shower cleaning yourself up for a special day (e.g. birthdays) and sometimes they rub your body against yours because of the crowd.)

4. The new coupon system. In case the conductor doesn’t have any khuchro taka left then he’ll hand you a coupon which you can redeem when you travel in the buses mentioned in the back of the coupon only.

The traffic has the ability to make one go crazy and dream about owning a helicopter or inventing buscopter (Helicopter + bus/ buses which can fly). 

Autos

Pros:

1. You won’t have to stand up because that’s not an option.

2. They are faster.

Cons:

1. Slightly more costly than the bus.

2.Don’t cover all the routes.

3. The auto drivers won’t let you get up on the auto if they don’t like you or you look like someone who won’t pay him khuchro taka.

4. You have to wait for them and sometimes stand in a queue as well.

That’s all.

Tata.

 Thanks for making it cross 1000 reads :) Durga Puja is around the corner :D