(2) The Opposite

Picture of Chris

All relationships have one rule: Never make the person you love feel alone, especially when you're there- Unknown

"I made you breakfast in bed baby." Chris said walking in the bedroom with a tray in his hand.

"What do you want Chris, I'm not in the mood to play games with you this morning." I said walking back from brushing my teeth.

"I can't do something nice for my beautiful wife?" He asked innocently, but I knew better.

"No. You want something, what is it?" I said crossing my arms.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked smiling.

"What do you want?" I said grabbing a piece of bacon off the tray.

"Baby, don't be like that." He tried to kiss me and I moved away, but he grabbed my hips pulling me towards him. "Will you stop look at me look that?"

"You're laying this on pretty thick. If you want me to go to dinner with your bosses again the an-" Chris kissed me to shut me up. I gave Chris a look before taking a biscuit from the tray.

"Baby, I'm serious. I just want to cater to my wife. Is that a crime?" Chris asked.

.

"For you, hell yes. No offense, but you're more of a taker than giver babe." I said before drinking the orange juice that was on the tray.

"I cleared my schedule for the day. I want us to spend the day together, whatever you want." I froze, something was terribly wrong. Chris never takes off work.

"What did you this time? Get someone else pregnant for real this time?" I said suddenly not hungry anymore as old memories came back to haunt me. Three years ago, cheated on me with some chick and she got pregnant, but when he did the DNA test it came that it wasn't his baby. Chris took off a lot to "spend time" with me before I found out the truth. I was devastated and cut to the core by the betrayal. It was only nine months after I had lost our son. I loved Chris so much that I stayed.

"What no! I wouldn't do that again. I learned my lesson after Sierra. I only want you baby. I'm serious." He said with what it appeared to be truly genuine, but I couldn't be too sure. To be honest I couldn't really trust Chris, not after all the cheating and lies over the years.

"Talk is cheap. I'm not hungry anymore. I said as I walked to the bathroom. I locked the door before I got in the shower. When I got out Chris was surprisingly still in the spot that I left him. His head was in his hands. When I walked past him to get to my closet he grabbed my arm.

"Stop C-"

"Aimya, just hear me out. Please." Chris pleaded with me.

"Leave me alo-"

"Hear me out." He pleaded with me again. I sat beside him looking straight ahead.

"I know I've done some foul shit over the years to you. Sorry isn't good enough, I know I've hurt you baby, but no matter what you stayed by my side and supported me even when I didn't deserve it. I love you, I promise I won't hurt you again." Chris said while rubbing my hand.

"What do you want, Christopher seriously." I said getting up to put back on my wedding ring that suddenly felt like it held no value anymore.

"You're just going to disregard what I just said?" Chris asked me in disbelief.

"How many times have you've said that to me? After the fifth time, I stopped counting, so please don't be surprised that I'm not believing you this time. What do you want Christopher?" I asked crossing my arms.